Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 04:04 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
His mother put a gun to his head so he'd eat his Brussels sprouts.
I don't mind Brussels sprouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Were you homeless? (Sincere question, no snark intended)
Sure - And I am posting on this forum using a solar powered computer I push around in my shopping cart.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:10 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Sure - And I am posting on this forum using a solar powered computer I push around in my shopping cart.
Were. Not are. Were.

Just trying to understand what kind of extreme circumstances lead to someone getting a gun put to their head five times.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:12 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
I don't mind Brussels sprouts.
So it worked.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:17 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownperson View Post
I realize you find things difficult to understand, but your logic doesn't surprise me in the least.
Sure it does, thats why you keep using the same argument.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:18 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Like I have not heard that before. Friends & family always told me that until it happened to them while they were with me. For some strange reason, they do not say that any more I didn't even rub in the "see I told you so" line to much, because I knew it was disturbing for them. Strange how most of them bought guns since then, even my hard core liberal mom & sister.
I don't exactly live in the most civilized part of town but have never felt the need to own a handgun, let alone carry one around. I smell bs here. You were either buying drugs or gangbanging or something.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Removing guns is not just about reducing violence, but about reducing the ease to commit violence on a large scale with very little means. There will always be bad of sick people, but giving them the power to kill a lot of people with great ease in a very short amount of time is a bad idea regardless of however you want to spin it.
You know mass murderings have occurred throughout human existence without guns right? Removing guns, will only do one thing, and that's make people find other ways to be violent.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Were. Not are. Were.

Just trying to understand what kind of extreme circumstances lead to someone getting a gun put to their head five times.
Why would you call regular circumstances extreme? Crime happens all the time. It is random, not evenly distributed among the population. Lottery ball 56 has won 15 times but the 2 ball only 3 times. Thus the bad stuff that happens to people all the time is not uniformly distributed among the population. But in one way I sure wish it was uniformly distributed. Because then I would not have had to go through that BS so many times. And more people would know about this, so we would not be having stupid discussions about only banning guns from well adjusted stable law abiding citizens. But on the positive side I am glad more people have not been traumatized due to of all those times it happened to me. So I really don't wish it on anyone else.

Even though I only carry my gun less than 20% of the time. I am much safer, because the criminals have no idea who is or when they are packing. So none have pulled one on me or my friends & family since the ban was lifted. Crime has still happened, but not at gun-point.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Guns being "legal" never stopped the black market, and ironically enough, a lot of the black market is fueled by "legal" gun owners supplying criminals at "an astounding mark-up". Gun bans not only keep more guns from reaching the streets but also directly address the black market. Keep burying your head in the sand.
Do you think violent criminals are just going to hand over there guns? What happens when those people realize the legal, responsible people gave up theirs?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
The assault weapons ban will be the first step, and we'll see what happens in the future. As for losing the forum debate, I think you might need to improve your level of comprehension... much of the pro gun rhetoric on here is nothing more that parroting the party line, "guns don't kill people, people kill...", so if you consider that a victory, you have a very subjective and low standard for what victory means.

I think Romney knows the true meaning of defeat.
Can I see proof of a gun getting up on its own and killing someone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago