Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,671 times

Advertisements

I'm very new to this posting thing but I figure what the heck. My dilemma is this: I lived in Chicago for 11 years and then four years ago moved back to a much, much smaller town in Louisiana thinking that was where I wanted to be (I am originally from Louisiana). I am now really considering moving back to Chicago as the opportunities here are very limited and there's not really much to do here. When I lived in Chicago, I was single with no children. Now I have a small child and I am concerned about the challenges of raising a child in the city. If it were just myself returning..... well, I would have never posted this as I would have already been back .

My child is two but is in a very good preschool here and I would like to know of any in the city where I can be sure that my kid is being taught and not just babysat all day.

Also what are some good reasonably priced neighborhoods to consider? I lived in Englewood when I lived there before and I WILL NOT put myself or my child through that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: