Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 10:41 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Crap I meant Kevin O'Malley. I wonder if I read a RedEye that spelled it as Jack.

Man charged in Lakeview killing of Palos Park man - Chicago Tribune

These are 1 of the sad stories that death can happen at almost anytime to any body. Of course, we know this death could have been prevented. After all, he tried to chase after the robber, after he had been robbed. Otherwise he would have lived.
You know what else could have prevented it? The robber not robbing and shooting him in the first place.

Let's keep a some perspective here on who's the perpetrator and who's the victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 06:50 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Crap I meant Kevin O'Malley. I wonder if I read a RedEye that spelled it as Jack.

Man charged in Lakeview killing of Palos Park man - Chicago Tribune

These are 1 of the sad stories that death can happen at almost anytime to any body. Of course, we know this death could have been prevented. After all, he tried to chase after the robber, after he had been robbed. Otherwise he would have lived.
Blaming the victim is such a sport with some people.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:49 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,365 times
I'm saying it could have happened to anyone. Most people would have let him go after they were robbed, depending on if you value your life.

For those that had the better-safe mentality, they would have survived. You can't control if you will be robbed randomly at gunpoint, but you can control if you wanted to fight back after you were robbed.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:00 PM

One can also control whether one wants to be a victim-blaming creep or not.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:20 PM

See I claim I would have been like that too. I'm suicidal enough. If some mother ****er puts a gun to my head, I'd say go ahead and shoot. I got no girl. No kids. No nothin. Just parents and siblings.

Last week, someone began shooting at someone on Armitage by Francisco. And that person shot back and killed. Now he's getting arrested. Prosecutors are dropping the murder charge because of self-defense, but he's getting gun charges and all that, as he is a gang member.

The sad part is, if Kevin O'Malley had a gun and shot back, he would have been charged with something if he didn't legally have the right to have a gun. Blah blah blah.

1 time in Pilsen, there was a home invasion. The person shot the guy. The police found all the burglary tools used to break in the home. But the owner had an expired FOID card, a misdemeanor. So he had to get arrested. That meant had the burglar never broke into his house he wouldn't have been arrested. (I don't know if the burglar died though.). Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
One can also control whether one wants to be a victim-blaming creep or not.
2 weeks ago, I was accused of being a pedophile again. 3rd time in my life. I was at the carnival on 55th and Western, it went on a week. I came almost every day for a little bit. But near the end of the week someone I presume to be the owner, after I left, they came up behind me with their group of security. He said he thought I was a pedophile. I was carrying a folder and they went through as well as my pockets and took out my IDs. I gave them my ID and they took pictures of it.

During my stay at the carnival, none of them ever saw me with men or women. They didn't see me socialize with anyone. They sometimes see me sitting at a table. They often saw me walking around or standing around.

This is the sucky paty of being a guy if you've never been in a relationship and am a virgin. I don't suspect women whom have never been in a relationship and are virgins have this problem. There was 1 girl I saw who was with a couple. During some time, she split and was by herself, walking a dog through the carnival. All the guy staff tried to get her to do their prizes and stuff, because if women are with a guy, then they have to offer it to the guy.

But when you're a guy, none of the female staff return the same.

I suspect women whom are always by themselves wouldn't have that same accusation.

And when you're a guy, women don't care to hang with you, break the ice with you, ask you for your number, give it to you without you asking, blah blah blah.

So after they took photos of my ID, he says don't come back unless you're going to buy something.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:01 PM

49 posts, read 70,414 times
Michigan and 97th, waiting for the 103 to Mount Greenwood after getting off the 95th street redline. Only place I have feared for my safety during the day, well that and the heroin super market around Cicero and Lake.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:58 PM

867 posts, read 1,372,084 times
Quote:
See I claim I would have been like that too. I'm suicidal enough. If some mother ****er puts a gun to my head, I'd say go ahead and shoot. I got no girl. No kids. No nothin. Just parents and siblings.

Last week, someone began shooting at someone on Armitage by Francisco. And that person shot back and killed. Now he's getting arrested. Prosecutors are dropping the murder charge because of self-defense, but he's getting gun charges and all that, as he is a gang member.

The sad part is, if Kevin O'Malley had a gun and shot back, he would have been charged with something if he didn't legally have the right to have a gun. Blah blah blah.

1 time in Pilsen, there was a home invasion. The person shot the guy. The police found all the burglary tools used to break in the home. But the owner had an expired FOID card, a misdemeanor. So he had to get arrested. That meant had the burglar never broke into his house he wouldn't have been arrested. (I don't know if the burglar died though.). Sad but true.

2 weeks ago, I was accused of being a pedophile again. 3rd time in my life. I was at the carnival on 55th and Western, it went on a week. I came almost every day for a little bit. But near the end of the week someone I presume to be the owner, after I left, they came up behind me with their group of security. He said he thought I was a pedophile. I was carrying a folder and they went through as well as my pockets and took out my IDs. I gave them my ID and they took pictures of it.

During my stay at the carnival, none of them ever saw me with men or women. They didn't see me socialize with anyone. They sometimes see me sitting at a table. They often saw me walking around or standing around.

This is the sucky paty of being a guy if you've never been in a relationship and am a virgin. I don't suspect women whom have never been in a relationship and are virgins have this problem. There was 1 girl I saw who was with a couple. During some time, she split and was by herself, walking a dog through the carnival. All the guy staff tried to get her to do their prizes and stuff, because if women are with a guy, then they have to offer it to the guy.

But when you're a guy, none of the female staff return the same.

I suspect women whom are always by themselves wouldn't have that same accusation.

And when you're a guy, women don't care to hang with you, break the ice with you, ask you for your number, give it to you without you asking, blah blah blah.

So after they took photos of my ID, he says don't come back unless you're going to buy something.
I blame Drover for this!

Old 06-09-2015, 10:29 PM

Yeah, I'm kinda at a loss here...

Old 06-09-2015, 10:39 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:

Man, I don't know where you hang out, but I see women hang out, break the ice, and yes, ask for numbers, (facebook friend, whatever) all of that stuff. All of the time. Sometimes it even happens to me. I don't know if it's the way you present yourself, or if your negative assumptions that derail you, but contrary to your experiences, this stuff really happens, and it happens all the time.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Man, I don't know where you hang out, but I see women hang out, break the ice, and yes, ask for numbers, (facebook friend, whatever) all of that stuff. All of the time. Sometimes it even happens to me. I don't know if it's the way you present yourself, or if your negative assumptions that derail you, but contrary to your experiences, this stuff really happens, and it happens all the time.
Are we talking about women who do know you, or women who don't know you?

Cuz, I'm not in any circles with female friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago