Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:29 AM

3,920 posts, read 6,832,743 times

Advertisements

OP. Dont listen to HarmanFox. I swear he posts something like that in every thread. Anyway, what age are you? I think that is a huge factor when deciding where to live.

I would also recommend Trump Tower. Its in the middle of everything, it is very well known, and chicks will dig you for it. Haha. The gym isn't included I have heard though and its very expensive to join.

Last edited by SOON2BNSURPRISE; 01-25-2013 at 12:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,913,587 times
^ Isn't Trump only condos?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 AM

3,920 posts, read 6,832,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
^ Isn't Trump only condos?
You can rent units in Trump Tower. This is just an example, I am sure you can find them cheaper.

TRUMP TOWER Units for Rent in CHICAGO, IL: Condo.com

Old 01-22-2013, 10:54 AM

2,990 posts, read 5,277,550 times
You can rent people's condos in Trump Tower. They don't have rental units themselves.

And yes I think it is the most expensive gym in the city. I think it is nearly the most expensive everything in the city.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:16 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,678,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
You can rent people's condos in Trump Tower. They don't have rental units themselves.

And yes I think it is the most expensive gym in the city. I think it is nearly the most expensive everything in the city.
Correct, the building itself is condo's. I'm sure some individual owners are renting units out.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:22 PM

You can rent a condo from almost any building (almost). I was just saying this so the OP doesn't try and go look for an actual rental page somewhere for Trump Tower itself.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:31 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,678,955 times
Quote:
You can rent a condo from almost any building (almost). I was just saying this so the OP doesn't try and go look for an actual rental page somewhere for Trump Tower itself.
I agree completely.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:31 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,277,550 times
I don't know about living there unless you were truly loaded. Seems like even if you got away with cheaper rent by renting from a desperate condo owner everything around you would be wildly expensive. Like parking is $60 a day or something. The views are great but unless you're absolutely rolling in it it's not like it's convenient to pop down to 16 for a $50 lunch, or even hit Rebar up for a $10 beer.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,000 times
Quote:
Aqua is a really great building, but there isn't that much around it to be honest. It's not far from the "action" but still not just a 5 minute walk. More like 15 maybe or even 20. Great building though
Yeah, its two blocks from millenium park
two blocks from the lake
three blocks from navy pier
zero blocks from the pedway (you can walk to work without going outside)
two blocks from the Gaerhy band shell
three blocks from the bean
two blocks from the loop.

(you must walk slow

Old 01-22-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Yeah, its two blocks from millenium park
two blocks from the lake
three blocks from navy pier
zero blocks from the pedway (you can walk to work without going outside)
two blocks from the Gaerhy band shell
three blocks from the bean
two blocks from the loop.

(you must walk slow
Almost everything you listed is tourist **** that 99% of locals don't actually do on even a weekly basis, let alone even monthly. Tell me how many locals actually hang out at the bean even weekly or even Millennium Park. The Loop is boring. Navy Pier's only redeeming quality is that it has an iMax and some boats people sometimes rent. The only things remotely close that you mentioned that would be of use to a local are closer access to the lakefront and MAYBE the band shell. Walking to work too? That depends on where you work. For some people who work in the western half of the Loop, it's faster to take a brown line train from River North or Gold Coast than walk from Lakeshore East.

I have friends in Aqua and while it's a great building, the area is boring, even worse than Streeterville. The nearest restaurants (not counting the Raddison Blu one) are a few blocks away and there's no type of entertainment or even bars near there (except Pritzker, which only functions mainly in the summer months).

There are much better places to live in the city if you want access to "things." I live in the Gold Coast and can easily access the lake. An extra 10 minute walk to the Lake shore is the least of my worries. I will glady sacrifice that for having other things around me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago