Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 01:04 PM

955 posts, read 1,831,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
So what? This has nothing to do with my comment or me. And, seriously, you are the LAST person who should comment on what most black people think, how they feel or what they should do.
I'll make you a deal. You stop commenting about white people here and I'll stop commenting on Black people.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
You should apologize for some of the stupid comments that you've made.
You're much too hostile to be taken seriuosly.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:06 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
"White trash" is not an ethnicity, it's what white people call other white people who are idiots stuck in the stone age. If the term offends you, you have issues deeper than I am qualified to speak on.

I'm pretty confident the OP would have mentioned if these were hispanics or asians or non-whites.
Uh, the term does not offend me so, again, not sure where you are going with this either. Why would the OP need to identify the race or ethnicity of these idiots; she didn't, which is fine. I just pointed out that another poster assumed they were white trash without having a basis for saying it. Would it have mattered if the offenders were black, white, asian or hispanic? Not at all, it's just ignorant behavior by kids, which happens, so deal with it and move-on.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:08 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williepotatoes View Post
I'll make you a deal. You stop commenting about white people here and I'll stop commenting on Black people.

You're from small-town midwest, right? That explains everything.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:11 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Yeah. Funny enough though, my most "racist" friend in college grew up in Bridgeport. It was weird though because it seemed like he said these things kind of to be "cool" because it didn't seem like he actually meant it. He called me stuff in the beginning because my friend would joke about it and he'd join in, but I never felt any real hatred from him. It just seemed like he thought it was funny to call people names even if he didn't believe in what he was saying. It was strange. I think he just likes to hear himself talk and say whatever.
That's how it was; names didn't necessary carry any negative connotations to them.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
You're from small-town midwest, right? That explains everything.
Read your quote and then tell me you're not prone to prejudice yourself.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,039 times
maybe racism in chicago would be less common if black people would actually take better care of each other and their communities.

the people I know that have prejudices against black people are not full of blind hatred; mostly they do not respect people that refuse to better their own kind and generally accept the litter, drug dealing, violence, and stupidity found in black neighborhoods. at some point black people need to stop placing blame or accepting the role of victim and simply empower themselves and marginalize the shtheads among their kind. If they cannot do so like the italians/germans/irish/etc. have done already, then black people should not expect respect from others. If one does not respect themselves, how can anyone else respect them?

I write this as a mixed race, low income urban fellow in garfield park.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:17 PM

190 posts, read 315,236 times
Being the midwest, there are a lot of entitled conservative yuppies.

even though chicago has such a huge reputation of being a liberal city, after moving here, i was surprised to find a lot of very reactionary people living in the city.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:19 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,061,882 times
Delicious Lorrie,

How so you feel about a thread you started YESTERDAY already being 11 pages long?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:24 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
That's how it was; names didn't necessary carry any negative connotations to them.
Right. Kind of like some people call their friends stupid names just to give them ****. I totally get it. People though should know what racial names carry actual negative connotations and might offend someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago