U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 12:10 PM

47 posts, read 90,585 times

Advertisements

Can anybody recommend an apartment finder company in Chicago that they know is very educated in the apartments in the area. Or even a specific person for that company too? Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 12:16 PM

15,322 posts, read 21,651,388 times
Honestly, I don't trust any of those companies 100%. They aren't bad but some of their tactics, like high pressure sales sometimes, are a little screwed up sometimes and you have to be a little careful you know what you're getting into. My girlfriend used Chicago Apartment Finders once to look at a place and they seemed OK but too high pressure with some things. They tried to get her to sign that very day.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:40 AM

47 posts, read 90,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Honestly, I don't trust any of those companies 100%. They aren't bad but some of their tactics, like high pressure sales sometimes, are a little screwed up sometimes and you have to be a little careful you know what you're getting into. My girlfriend used Chicago Apartment Finders once to look at a place and they seemed OK but too high pressure with some things. They tried to get her to sign that very day.

Ok thanks, also thanks for replying to my other threads too. I am just asking many questions to learn about the area. But i used one of these companies in Atlanta and it was very very helpful since i didnt know the area. I have a basic idea of the better areas now though. But will see them in person next week. Just thought they maybe able to nail down a couple places for me is all. Thanks again

Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,483,266 times
Padmapper.com and keep the months rent commission they pay these people in your pocket.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 PM

615 posts, read 949,101 times
Those places all suck, from my experience and others'. When I first moved here I tried a few, and the places they showed me were worse than the ones I found by randomly searching online. One of them was not only no longer on the market, but someone had already moved in.

The one good thing about them is they do drive you to the apartments, so you can get a ride to the various neighborhoods to check out. I found that helpful. But the apartments themselves were pretty useless.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 AM

82 posts, read 182,657 times
If you do choose to use one of them, do not stop your own search. You'd be surprised at what you find by just walking around the area(s) you want to live in. Chances are, leasing info is right outside the building. Once you find one, the company that manages that one may have others to show in the same area.

Good luck!

Old 03-13-2013, 01:16 AM

15,322 posts, read 21,651,388 times
Yeah, utilize sites like Rent.com, padmapper, Chicago Reader, domu, etc.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:49 AM

1,210 posts, read 2,878,217 times
Yeah, don't use them. If anything just find an agent that works for a normal realtor. They do rentals too. Chicago Apartment Finders, Apartment People etc are generally terrible.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:42 PM

240 posts, read 429,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Yeah, utilize sites like Rent.com, padmapper, Chicago Reader, domu, etc.
Domu.com

Free and we found our place on there. Very easy to sort by criteria.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 PM

35 posts, read 29,449 times
Posting my daughter's opinion: Avoid Chicago Apartment Finders. Try FultonGrace.com. She used Steve, and higly recommends him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: