Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2013, 05:36 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,913,577 times

Advertisements

Just for fun---who would you rather have: Ernie Banks, Ron Santo and Billy Williams...or Alfonso Soriano, Derrick Lee and Aramis Ramirez?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 05:56 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,114 times
This parking garage is an awful idea. I feel bad for anyone who has to drive/take the bus on Irving, Addison, Belmont, Lawrence, etc. You think traffic is bad on game days now, wait till an extra 500 cars try and enter the neighborhood to use the shiny new garage the local dumbasses demanded.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:18 PM

64 posts, read 96,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
This parking garage is an awful idea. I feel bad for anyone who has to drive/take the bus on Irving, Addison, Belmont, Lawrence, etc. You think traffic is bad on game days now, wait till an extra 500 cars try and enter the neighborhood to use the shiny new garage the local dumbasses demanded.
Imagine trying to get out of the garage.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 PM

64 posts, read 96,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Just for fun---who would you rather have: Ernie Banks, Ron Santo and Billy Williams...or Alfonso Soriano, Derrick Lee and Aramis Ramirez?

Damn, the former all played in the 60s and 70s, and you can argue that today's baseball players are better athletes.

But I'll still take Banks, Santo, and Williams. There's no substitute for HOF talent.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:38 AM

302 posts, read 452,974 times
Quote:
Which is why it would be a good idea to move Wrigley. I notice a lot of people see this as a one way street. Oh it would be extremely stupid for the Cubs to move out of Wrigley because they wouldn't do the same numbers. They don't realize, Lakeview would die down big time. So instead of the Cubs shouldn't move, they should be saying, Lakeview shouldn't give them a reason to. The Cubs could rebuild a Wrigley replica if they wanted to, get the parking garages, build the new Wrigley even bigger, and also build a new Wrigleyville in Rosemont. And guess what, they'll probably have more people attend since it is much easier to get to Rosemont than it is to get to Wrigleyville, unless you live in Wrigleyville. You have highways, you have the airport, so if someone has a 4 or 5 hour layover, they can check out the game. You'll also build a bigger fanbase within the suburbs.

Wrigleyville is a pain to navigate through, even on non-game days because you still have 1000+ cars trying to find parking on the streets. You practically can't drive if you live in that area because you won't find parking when you come back. For a guy in IT like me, where I'm on call, this is a huge no-no. The parking garage would at least clean some of that up and put those people in one spot. Ideally, you would want 2 or 3 garages or one garage that also goes underground with multiple exits.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:40 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtamay3 View Post
Which is why it would be a good idea to move Wrigley. I notice a lot of people see this as a one way street. Oh it would be extremely stupid for the Cubs to move out of Wrigley because they wouldn't do the same numbers. They don't realize, Lakeview would die down big time. So instead of the Cubs shouldn't move, they should be saying, Lakeview shouldn't give them a reason to. The Cubs could rebuild a Wrigley replica if they wanted to, get the parking garages, build the new Wrigley even bigger, and also build a new Wrigleyville in Rosemont. And guess what, they'll probably have more people attend since it is much easier to get to Rosemont than it is to get to Wrigleyville, unless you live in Wrigleyville. You have highways, you have the airport, so if someone has a 4 or 5 hour layover, they can check out the game. You'll also build a bigger fanbase within the suburbs.

Wrigleyville is a pain to navigate through, even on non-game days because you still have 1000+ cars trying to find parking on the streets. You practically can't drive if you live in that area because you won't find parking when you come back. For a guy in IT like me, where I'm on call, this is a huge no-no. The parking garage would at least clean some of that up and put those people in one spot. Ideally, you would want 2 or 3 garages or one garage that also goes underground with multiple exits.
Wishful thinking. The cubs would just be a bad team if they were located in Rosemont.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:46 AM

302 posts, read 452,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Wishful thinking. The cubs would just be a bad team if they were located in Rosemont.
I disagree.They would be the same team. Then again, I don't believe there are curses or a magical ballpark will allow them to win a World Series. I think it will always be a matter of good management, scouting and ownership will win out.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:52 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtamay3 View Post
I disagree.They would be the same team. Then again, I don't believe there are curses or a magical ballpark will allow them to win a World Series. I think it will always be a matter of good management, scouting and ownership will win out.
Trust me, half the crowd at Wrigley on any given day is there because the field is in Lake View.

Rosemont would be a disaster for ownership, which is why the Ricketts aren't even pretending to be entertaining the idea of moving to a suburb.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:49 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
The dumbasses are already driving into the neighborhood and parking anywhere they can find a spot. I doubt it will significantly contribute to traffic; the net result instead will be the people who have a parking spot under the L tracks will only be able to charge $23 for it instead of $25.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:44 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,877,927 times
Well, last night's Cubs were certainly a pleasant surprise. We not only survived a Marmol appearance, but Fergie sang the stretch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago