Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago a good move for what I'm looking for?
No-Stick with Big Salty 4 16.67%
Yes- plenty of what you're looking for 20 83.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 05:25 PM

22 posts, read 50,592 times

Advertisements

yeah yeah yeah so I confused Wrigleyville with Boystown. So put me in jail. I don't live there, my aunt form Italy does and she calls it Wrigleyvilla. LOL. I grew up in Rogers Park - a Chicago neighborhood that's not that exciting. Lincoln Park is awesome no matter what you say. I have a sense of humor and i like to joke, so have a little giggle . Are you gonna tell me that Lincoln Avenue area (Brauhaus) is not German? Are you gonna tell me that Devon is not little India? HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA Who cares, I could find these places blindfolded.. even WrigleyVILLA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 06:45 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMountainMajesties View Post
Are you gonna tell me that Lincoln Avenue area (Brauhaus) is not German? Are you gonna tell me that Devon is not little India?
Uh, no, I'm not. I am still going to tell you that Lincoln Park is not "hip," though. Love it or hate it (personally I'm rather indifferent), few would deny that it is extreme yuppieville.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:15 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,744,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingToMoveYES View Post
Ahahaa, point taken. I know the nightlife is sad here. I just was wondering how good it was in Chicago. I was blown away by Louisville when visiting that city.

If I get the offer, I'm moving. No questions asked. Thank you everyone!
Louisville is a fun and underrated city. Why not just move there? Same size as Salt Lake, much warmer than Chicago, and much cheaper and less crime with way less traffic. The foodie and nightlife scene in Louisville has emerged as one of the best in middle america. No lie. Many Louisvillians take weekend trips to Chicago for the big city fix. It is a 200 dollar round trip, 1 hour flight or a 5 hour drive. Easy.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Louisville is a fun and underrated city. Why not just move there?

Yes, I'm sure Kentucky is exactly what he's looking for.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post

Yes, I'm sure Kentucky is exactly what he's looking for.
Not Kentucky..... Louisville. The same as Mt. Vernon is Illinois, not Chicago. I am a former Chicagoan by the way. But carry on with the stereotype. The OP had been to Louisville and had a blast per them.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Not Kentucky..... Louisville.
Oh, sorry, I assumed you were referring to the Louisville in Kentucky, since it's the largest and best known of the Louisvilles. I would imagine that the others would be even worse than the Kentucky one for fitting what he says he's looking for.

I couldn't care less about stereotypes. Telling a guy who wants to move from a smaller city to a large one (and gives specific reasons why) that he should move to another small one instead makes zero sense and isn't helpful.

Quote:
The same as Mt. Vernon is Illinois, not Chicago.
Pretty sure they're both in Illinois.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:03 PM

644 posts, read 1,188,036 times
Quote:
Oh, sorry, I assumed you were referring to the Louisville in Kentucky, since it's the largest and best known of the Louisvilles. I would imagine that the others would be even worse than the Kentucky one for fitting what he says he's looking for.

I couldn't care less about stereotypes. Telling a guy who wants to move from a smaller city to a large one (and gives specific reasons why) that he should move to another small one instead makes zero sense and isn't helpful.

I think what he was trying to say is this: Just as Chicago is different from the rest of Illinois, Louisville is different from the rest of Kentucky.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:

I was...referring to Louisville. And you don't really get what I am saying. Bigger ISNT always better. And, like Chicago shares virtually nothing in common with the rest of IL sans the same government/governor, the same can be said of Louisville and KY. If you go to Louisville expecting it to be representative of KY, well, you have got another thing coming.

Then again, Louisville is probably the largest city in the US that very few know little about. Perhaps it is the lack of pro sports. Perhaps its the stereotypes still associated with KY. But it is a very cool place that punches above its weight. The OP has been there and was surprised, so I think its an option. In fact, Louisville reminds me of a baby, southern tinged Chicago...very food and neighborhood oriented, fiercely independent, etc. If Louisville had to pick a mega city to be its sophisticated older brother, Chicago would be it. But, you would have to have lived in both cities to see what I mean. Carry on friends.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBVirtuoso View Post
I think what he was trying to say is this: Just as Chicago is different from the rest of Illinois, Louisville is different from the rest of Kentucky.
I wasn't trying anything, just using a metaphor and some inference....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago