Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 PM

18 posts, read 36,918 times

Advertisements

Is it true that in Chicago, the Booth MBA students get a lot of respect and prestige? A friend told me that the male students there party hard in river north and downtown and get tons of chicks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 11:14 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,354,654 times
Default Who is your pal? Tucker Max?

Get real. Trying to leverage an MBA from one of the most selective programs in the nation for "partying hard and picking up chicks" is awfully juvenile.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:05 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,417,410 times
Don't listen to chet. As someone that's most likely closer to your age & demographic, I can answer your question with a resounding YES. However, beware of the gold diggers & fake chicks. It's just the nature of the beast, but University of Chicago is one of the top b-schools in the country, and most people in Chicago (and rest of the USA) recognize that. They know that most folks coming out of that school will easily come out with 6-figure salaries. Chet can deny it all he wants, but the truth is that many folks of his demographic are guilty of picking up trophy girlfriends & wives much the same way (competitive undergrad degree, MBA degree from a top b-school, executive jobs, etc.).

Chet can deny it all he wants, but there's an awful lot of women that love the notion of money, the potential for money, or even intelligence in a man. Money has the potential to buy a lifestyle and/or security. I've seen it firsthand from friends & acquaintances that have arisen to positions as medical doctors and rising business executives.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
Don't listen to chet. As someone that's most likely closer to your age & demographic, I can answer your question with a resounding YES. However, beware of the gold diggers & fake chicks. It's just the nature of the beast, but University of Chicago is one of the top b-schools in the country, and most people in Chicago (and rest of the USA) recognize that. They know that most folks coming out of that school will easily come out with 6-figure salaries. Chet can deny it all he wants, but the truth is that many folks of his demographic are guilty of picking up trophy girlfriends & wives much the same way (competitive undergrad degree, MBA degree from a top b-school, executive jobs, etc.).

Chet can deny it all he wants, but there's an awful lot of women that love the notion of money, the potential for money, or even intelligence in a man. Money has the potential to buy a lifestyle and/or security. I've seen it firsthand from friends & acquaintances that have arisen to positions as medical doctors and rising business executives.

I used to live in NYC, now live in Chicago. And although Chicago is more laid-back and down-to-earth than NYC, I have seen the same dynamic at work. My friends who are at Harvard Business School right now are absolutely crushing the social scene in Boston and getting chicks every weekend. The prestige, glamour, and wealth, associated with that school or any other top business school seem intoxicating to women. I assume this is true for Booth here in Chicago but don't know firsthand since I don't know anyone there. I've just heard stories.

I'm planning on applying to top business schools next year, and along with the professional opportunities, I am very excited about the social opportunities of partying and travelling with smart accomplished people for two years and then leveraging that to get beautiful girls here in Chicago.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:21 AM

483 posts, read 842,121 times
Regarding the last two posts...thank God I went to Kellogg.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:39 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,678,955 times
This has to be fake.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,104,634 times
Aint no party like a Booth MBA party.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 AM

483 posts, read 842,121 times
Bottles & Models

Old 03-29-2013, 08:28 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolve123 View Post
A friend told me that the male students there party hard in river north and downtown and get tons of chicks.
Yes, why not enroll. Pay the huge tuition and do the hard work ... and the 'chicks' will drop from the sky. Absolutely true!

Last edited by gomexico; 03-29-2013 at 08:53 AM..

Old 03-29-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca215 View Post
Regarding the last two posts...thank God I went to Kellogg.
Ha. Best friend is at kellogg right now. He met his girlfriend and possibly future wife on the KWEST trip. Very different culture from booth for sure; much more laid-back and frattier. Obviously both awesome schools but with different strengths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago