Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2007, 07:57 PM

14 posts, read 42,867 times

Advertisements

Hi,

How would I use public transportation to get from jefferson park blue line to wrigleyville?

What stop should I get off on and then what bus should I take to get to around wrigley field?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 08:14 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,779,208 times
That's a tough one, since there is no train connecting the two areas. You'd either have to take the Blue Line downtown, transfer to the Red Line at Jackson (Washington is under construction), and take the Red Line north to Addison.

Or you can take the Blue Line to Addison, then take the Addison bus east to Wrigley. Neither option is particularly quick. Try going to the trip planner on TransitChicago.com and they may give you a better plan.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:34 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
That's a tough one, since there is no train connecting the two areas. You'd either have to take the Blue Line downtown, transfer to the Red Line at Jackson (Washington is under construction), and take the Red Line north to Addison.

Or you can take the Blue Line to Addison, then take the Addison bus east to Wrigley. Neither option is particularly quick. Try going to the trip planner on TransitChicago.com and they may give you a better plan.
i think those are basically the two options.
i don't know how long it takes to get from jeff park on the blue line to addison, but depending on the time of day, the addison bus to clark can take 20-45 minutes.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:47 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,168 times
blah, I'd check to make sure nothing weird is going on w/ either the blue or red line on the day you need to make this trip. last week I tried to take the blue out of Jefferson to Clark (on the red) only to find out that the blue line ran shuttle buses between Jefferson and Harlem (which added about 30 minutes to my commute). on top of that, the red line was operating on the elevated portion, so I had to backtrack to Clark. that wasn't fun at all! though on the (very small) plus side, it seems like most of these reroutes are only happening at night. still, I'd check your travel date and time w/ the CTA website in case the blue or red will be affected by their respective construction

Old 10-28-2007, 12:11 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,103,650 times
Depending on where you're going in wrigleyville, take the blue line to Addison or Belmont and take a bus the rest of the way.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:24 AM

The Irving Park 80 Bus is quite fast in the eastbound direction, so that is also an option if you are going somwhere north of Wrigley Field. There is also an X80 Express, which is even faster. You would get off at Sheridan, and walk south to the Field (just three or four blocks).

Old 10-28-2007, 08:59 PM

683 posts, read 4,615,888 times
The CTA has a mapquest type thing online that will give you the fastest route. It recommends the above route posted by lookout kid. It should take about a half hour. If you don't want to walk from Sheridan, you can also just take the Sheridan red line to Addison. Wrigley Field is right at the stop.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Depending on the time of day, you might want to consider taking the Irving Park bus from the Blue Line rather than the Addison bus. Irving Park is 4 lanes wide all the way to Ashland, so traffic flow is usually better during heavier traffic times. The Irving Park bus will drop you off at the far northern end of Wrigleyville, 4 blocks north of Wrigley Field.

Another option that will get you to the south end of Wrigleyville is to take the Lawrence Avenue bus from Jefferson Park to the Kimball stop of the Brown Line, then take the Brown Line to the Belmont stop, which is 4 blocks south of Wrigley Field.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:46 PM

I like the Irving Park 80 or X80 bus. It is generally pretty fast, which is unusual for and east/west bus route on the North Side. I'll often take it to and from the Blue Line if I need to get to O'Hare, but Irving Park Road is about a half mile north of Wrigley. Not a problem for me, but it could be for some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago