Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times

Advertisements

If you don't know what's going on in Logan Square, the neighborhood within the Logan Square Community Area, then you need to learn. Not only are people moving there and have been for awhile, but many, many restaurants/bars/cafes have opened there, and they are not of the "regular" kind always. Definitely more foodie oriented and medium to higher-ish priced. There are planned new residential developments there too. Guaranteed prices will be higher in 5 years and it'll become just another Wicker Park (which it has been doing for a handful of years already anyway).

On the overall community area too, Bucktown is part of Logan Square too, not West Town...so there's that too which has been doing quite well for awhile I'd say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 01:26 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcheese View Post
Your insults just prove you have nothing to say about Chicago as per this thread. Sorry. You're ignorant.
At least 25% of percent of ChiNaan's posts are him throwing petty insults at other posters. And 25% is a generous number. It's a shame because I actually share his point of view most of the time. But of course I better watch out those few times I have a different point of view. He ain't having THAT!

Idiot. noun. 1. Anyone who disagrees with ChiNaan about anything at all.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:34 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
But of course I better watch out those few times I have a different point of view. He ain't having THAT!
I think you're confusing having "a different point of view" with being wrong. Some things are subjective, but some are not. "You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts," as the saying goes.

You can say you don't like Logan Square now as much as you used to, and that is an opinion nobody can take away from you. (I would actually agree with that opinion in many respects.) You can't say that Logan Square hasn't experienced growth in recent years by any observable measure, though. In fact, one is likely to think that anyone who said anything that silly had just created a new username in order to troll an internet forum.

Last edited by ChiNaan; 04-28-2013 at 01:49 AM..

Old 04-28-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
I think you're confusing having "a different point of view" with being wrong. Some things are subjective, but some are not. "You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts," as the saying goes.
This is true. Like for instance, you're apparently saying that it's "fact" that "former frat boys" are the main clientele of Bar Louie. I don't think this clientele is large enough to support a chain restaurant.. Come to think of it, it would be interesting to actually read some facts and statistics surrounding that demographic.

Another example: That whole argument about racism in Chicago that went on for weeks wasn't factual. Racism can't be measured. It's only opinion to claim whether Chicago is more or less racist than another city.

But I digress. No, I'm not confusing point of view at all. Anyone that can see your posting history can see it.. I think I'm more factually minded than you are. But like a typical ChiNaan post, you quickly accuse me of confusing point of view with facts. Insults first, thinking later. What WOULD your posts be without petty insults? Not much.. Nothing that isn't being contributed by other people on this forum. You sure bring a lot of clever insults to the table though.

Last edited by urza216; 04-28-2013 at 01:52 AM..

Old 04-28-2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Translation: Girls who will give chuckcheese the time of day aren't as good-looking today either.
Oh, man.. That's a FACT, right?

Or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcheese View Post
Ad hominem stupidity. Stick to the thread topic about downtown, thanks.
Quote:
Translation: "That truth hit too close to home for me and hurt my pathetic little troll feelings. Please have pity on me."
No, he was, in fact, calling out YOUR trollish remark. You have no idea about the truth about his social life. This is far from fact. And yet you think you KNOW this from the small amount of information you gathered..

And this is a constant pattern in almost every thread you post in..

Old 04-28-2013, 02:00 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Is this a ruse to attract BRG?

If it is you should post it in the Indianapolis section, or PM him the link.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:18 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
I'm sorry, urza, that you're unable to distinguish jokes from statements of fact. I wish you the best with developing your emotional intelligence and communication skills. We're all behind you.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:56 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, urza, that you're unable to distinguish jokes from statements of fact. I wish you the best with developing your emotional intelligence and communication skills. We're all behind you.
These things get so heated because of lack of communication skills and emotional intelligence. Is almost like there is no reading comprehension at all sometimes.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:29 AM

273 posts, read 1,061,266 times
chicago is riddled with gunshots. that's all i know about that place. those fancy places you speak of aren't for the average person. it's for wealthy folks. buying half a million to million dollar condos? give me a break.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Can you go 3 posts without needlessly insulting another poster?

That was good though. A breakdown of civility is your biggest contribution to this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago