Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 05:44 PM

190 posts, read 315,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkdude View Post
I bet its some kind of insurance scam. Who gets robbed on the 700 block of N. Michigan Ave at 12:20 PM? Where are the witnesses? For that matter, that area is usually swarming with cops. The only scenario that might make sense is if the woman is disabled/debilitated somehow and was specifically targeted by a professional crew who could threaten/intimidate her without raising a ruckus.
yup, i'm not buying that as of right now.

either a scam or there's some part of this story we're not hearing yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 09:14 PM

968 posts, read 2,665,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul89 View Post
yup, i'm not buying that as of right now.

either a scam or there's some part of this story we're not hearing yet.
Channel 2 News just reported ..Chicago Police have determined the incident unfounded ..no robbery occurred

Old 05-16-2013, 09:17 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I am amazed how many blame the victim posts I am reading. we all know what kind of ghetto thugs who are responsible.
Hmm, which "ghetto thugs" are these that "we" all know are responsible?

Police: Woman's report of Mag Mile robbery unfounded - chicagotribune.com

Oh course this story dragged up all the online bigots eager to point fingers without facts. You'd have to be blind to not see how fishy this story seemed. Who the heck gets robbed of that much money and jewelery in the bright afternoon on a crazy nice day in the middle of one of the busiest shopping areas around with no one noticing? It's not as if this was a snatch-and-run, not with earrings and bracelets involved.

This old hag needs to have the book thrown at her for making false reports. Obviously just some dingbat looking for attention and trying to stir up more unneeded tension.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoylekim View Post
Channel 2 News just reported ..Chicago Police have determined the incident unfounded ..no robbery occurred
Yep.

How pathetic. I don't know why people try to pull this crap.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
Quote:
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
-- Mark Twain

Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
Quote:
I am amazed how many blame the victim posts I am reading. we all know what kind of ghetto thugs who are responsible.
Thank you for your understanding. Can't we all get along?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:27 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
-- Mark Twain
Obviously Mark Twain had some sort of premonition about Twitter.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:20 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,210,678 times
Quote:
The whole thing seemed bogus from the get go, no one was "blaming the victim". What people were really saying is that it seemed like a very unlikely situation, and the facts didn't seem to add up. The Trib article sums it all up pretty well:

Quote:
she vowed not to let Wednesday's ordeal alter her frequent commutes from her Flossmoor home to shop on Michigan Avenue. The woman, who had told the reporter she didn't want to be identified because of concerns for her safety, said she didn't cry out for help for fear she would be hurt.......

But on Thursday night, Area Central property crimes detectives determined that the story she gave police didn't add up with surveillance video footage that was examined. A law enforcement source familiar with the case said there is surveillance video footage that shows the woman leaving a downtown Metra train station en route to Michigan Avenue without wearing any of the jewelry she said was taken from her....
This is a big part of why I hate the fact that some small incidents with teenagers get blown into some false "wilding" incident. It encourages people like this woman to try to perpetrate insurance scams in the city.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:21 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,920,176 times
This woman is a dbag

Old 05-17-2013, 12:20 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoylekim View Post
Gee, you mean a pathetic troll completely pulled a story out of their ass again in a failed attempt to scare white people on the North Side? Wow, that's shocking. Totally unexpected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago