Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:50 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,532,099 times

Advertisements

People who generalize and choose their women by what part of the country they are from are destined to be single forever. You can't make a sweeping generalization on a city of millions of people and expect it to be accurate.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:30 PM

302 posts, read 920,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEMINI331 View Post
Well....................basically I like the cosmopolitan, sophisticated New York/D.C./East Coast woman.................but I also like the more sweet, genteel southern girl. Chicago women seem to have neither quality, intelligence nor refinement and overall pleasant-ness. I'll pass.

I could do either New York City or Alabama (and I've spent enough time in both places to know this, I studied in New York for a semester during undergrad and I'm an Alabama native). But Chi-town? Ahhh.............I'll keep looking, I'll put it that way, LOL. But for the most part, no.
Wow...this topic....
While I was not born in Alabama, my family is from there, so I spend plenty of time there, as well as having lived some years in the south, enough to know that being southern doesn't mean you're sweet and genteel. My family is full of southern women who will set you straight quicker than I, a person born and raised in the North/midwest could ever do. But moving forward...

I won't pretend to be an expert on Chicago women, since I was not born or raised here, but you made some amazing generalizations. I mean, if we were to go by your words alone, that would mean that all native Chicago women are unpleasant and unintelligent, which of course would mean you had met and talked with every native Chicago woman. Since that would take much time and effort, I'd guess you hadn't. Not bashing, but maybe, just maybe, it could just be the type of women you happen to attract?

Old 11-05-2007, 06:56 AM

4,720 posts, read 15,568,921 times
Poor Aque, sounds a little 'sour grapes' --like he couldnt get anywhere with those women in chicago

Last edited by nanannie; 11-05-2007 at 07:07 AM..

Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 AM

283 posts, read 1,381,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Poor Aque, sounds a little 'sour grapes' --like he couldnt get anywhere with those women in chicago
well they are picky.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 AM

539 posts, read 1,918,785 times
What are y'all talking about? I'm in a relationship now, so how could I possibly be bitter about not finding a woman in Chicago? I just said most women here are not my cup of tea.

It has nothing to do with being frustrated on the dating scene here. I found what I was looking for here in Chicago. It's just that the lucky lady herself is not from here.

Quote:
Wow...this topic....
While I was not born in Alabama, my family is from there, so I spend plenty of time there, as well as having lived some years in the south, enough to know that being southern doesn't mean you're sweet and genteel. My family is full of southern women who will set you straight quicker than I, a person born and raised in the North/midwest could ever do. But moving forward...

True, BUT.......................it's kind of hard to explain. Like.................hell I don't know. I don't know if I even can explain it. In general, a southern woman is just sexier. But I like "city girls" too....................just not the ones in THIS city. I love just about everything about this city except for the women. Half of the attractive girls (attractive both physically and personality-wise) that I've met in Chicago were from somewhere else, most likely either the South (Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, etc) or the Northeast (New York, New Jersey, Maryland, etc).

I won't bother entertaining this silliness any further.

_

Old 11-05-2007, 09:06 AM

4,720 posts, read 15,568,921 times
I agree about the "silliness", its by far one of the most assanine generalizations I have heard.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:28 AM

293 posts, read 243,604 times
After walking throughout the Chicago streets last year especially Michigan Avenue all I can say is:

Oh Mammma!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 01:16 PM

5,951 posts, read 13,052,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
Only good looking women in Chicago aren't even from Chicago, they're from Poland.
I disagree with half your post, but Polish girls DO look good. European girls know how to care of themselves I must admit.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:28 PM

5,951 posts, read 13,052,892 times
I agree that the post for the most part is kind of silly.

I do like more outdoor things (hiking, biking, even rockclimbing) than watching professional sports. I sometimes wonder if the abundance of girls that are sportsfans more than outdoor enthusiasts affect my ability to have chemistry. Probably not.

I am myself around Chicago girls, but I know I really don't seriously get into the whole Wrigley Field thing the way a lot of people my own age do. But I've lived outwest, and my experiences with women weren't really different. People are people.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 4,335 times
I haven't noticed an inordinate amount of fat chicks in Chicago. My experience (generally speaking) is that the chicks that I have met here in Chicago are good looking, intelligent, savvy and well employed. I appreciate the well employed aspect. They are approachable and not very stuck up. But they can spot a jerk a mile away and don't seem much into game play. If they are not interested they politely blow you off LOL.

I lived in Vienna for 2 years and the females there were all extra skinny and extra cute but all had bad attitudes and their biggest turn ons are the size of a dudes wallet. I lived in NY City for almost a year and found them/chicks very enjoyable but that good looking many of them looked hard and old. I spent 2 1/2 years in L.A. The chicks there are cool as long as you don't mind plastic breasts or anorexics. I dated a beautiful model for 9 months out in L.A. but it dawned on me that I need a chick that is not only good looking but someone who can keep a conversation going and she couldn't. I found the dumbest chicks in the L.A. area....honestly stupid chicks hang out in L.A.. so if that's your taste there is a plethora of them there.....dumb as a box if hair.

Which brings me back the the chicks in Chicago, cute, nice and can keep their end of a conversation up.

I am speaking in generalalities according to my experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago