Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:19 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,730,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Boozer sucks...
Really Bro? All I want to know is, since when does an NBA player [Boozer] averaging 54% from the field, 78% from the free-throw line, 17 points and 10 rebounds per game, suck?

I mean, do you have to be named Jordan to get some respect in Chicago, or what? Forget it, don't answer that, I'm not even going there. All I can do is laugh. :chuckles:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,492,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Really Bro? All I want to know is, since when does an NBA player [Boozer] averaging 54% from the field, 78% from the free-throw line, 17 points and 10 rebounds per game, suck?

I mean, do you have to be named Jordan to get some respect in Chicago, or what? Forget it, don't answer that, I'm not even going there. All I can do is laugh. :chuckles:
From my understanding, a lot of Bulls fans don't like Boozer because he's overpaid. He doesn't play up to his massive contract. I don't think he sucks, but I do think he's definitely overvalued at what he's getting paid.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
The stats that you posted show that his shooting percentage is two percentage points higher than the league average. Please explain how that's not an average shooter.
Two percent ABOVE league average does not average make. If you can't see that... I can't help you.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
... a lot of Bulls fans don't like Boozer because he's overpaid.
Don't hate the player... hate the game.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM

2,423 posts, read 4,295,806 times
Quote:
From my understanding, a lot of Bulls fans don't like Boozer because he's overpaid. He doesn't play up to his massive contract. I don't think he sucks, but I do think he's definitely overvalued at what he's getting paid.
Come on, let's be fair. Who isn't overpaid in professional sports.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:10 PM

3,639 posts, read 8,274,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Boozer sucks though. He's soft and overrated.
Boozer doesn't suck

BUT YES he is definitely overrated!! IMO his prime days left him when he left Utah and came to the bulls

Old 05-06-2013, 04:14 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,492,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Come on, let's be fair. Who isn't overpaid in professional sports.
Well, it's not that simple. With basketball you have a cap, he takes up significant amount, so if he doesn't play up to it, it also hurts in the team not being able to keep or sign players who are free agents. There are always overpaid athletes, but the worst ones are the ones that affect the ability for your team to sign more players to improve the team.

Is he worth the 23rd highest paid salary in the NBA?

Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,940,985 times
Quote:
Well, it's not that simple. With basketball you have a cap, he takes up significant amount, so if he doesn't play up to it, it also hurts in the team not being able to keep or sign players who are free agents. There are always overpaid athletes, but the worst ones are the ones that affect the ability for your team to sign more players to improve the team.

Well, he's worth more then Rose's 16mm right now

Old 05-06-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Well, let me have a look, see... ONLY SIX players in these playoffs have averaged a double-double, i.e. double figures in points and rebounds. And, ONLY ONE of those 6 is still in the playoffs. That would be... wait for it... Carlos Boozer. So, [to Jerry Reinsdorf] I'm sure he's worth that and a bag of chips.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:31 PM

968 posts, read 2,650,627 times
This is amazing .. I went through this same 'conversation' , heard the same arguments , and almost in the same order ..Rose Crybaby ..does Boozer stink ?? On Friday night at dinner with 4 friends .. Think it segued into the Affordable Care Act somehow, with a further side journey on how Texas would do if it seceded .. let's not go there in this thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago