Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 02:42 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91 View Post
How is any of that relevant to what the discussion was? Especially when you reply with that non sense to somebody talking about a $500,000 PURCHASE PRICE of a single family home in Bridgeport?
"Relevant to the discussion" has not been maro's strong suit in this thread. He's posting things that are factual and make sense on their own, but have nothing to do with what any of the rest of us are discussing, almost like he's participating in a different thread that got crossed with this one. Very confusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 02:44 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Okay. Not sure why you're still interacting with me about my post regarding a specific Bridgeport high-end housing development, then.
All I said was you should check it out for *chicago* (not just Bridgeport) because there's other interesting stuff with SFH going on in other areas of town too similar-ish to that of Bridgeport (i.e. Edgebrook)

Nevermind.....

Old 06-19-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
"Relevant to the discussion" has not been maro's strong suit in this thread. He's posting things that are factual and make sense on their own, but have nothing to do with what any of the rest of us are discussing, almost like he's participating in a different thread that got crossed with this one. Very confusing.

Here is the message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
You should anyway if you're interested in the construction that's been OK'd in Chicago. Lot of interesting stuff. Most of the blogs only report on what's happening in the "hot" neighborhoods unless it's something huge.
I was bringing it up as to say "There's other interesting things happening in a few parts of town similar to that of Bridgeport." Does that make more sense now? If you are confused about something, then why not read everything in the thread? It would be quite easy to find this message and know what I'm talking about. Yeah, it's not about Bridgeport only with this last one, but I made a general statement and it still has to do with new single family home/residence construction. It's not like I started talking about the price of fish. I brought up a map that has to do with new construction in Chicago via building permit data. I don't get what's so hard to understand how these two things are related. One has to do with Bridgeport, the other is Bridgeport + all other areas of Chicago.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:55 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Kind of funny coming from Mr. Suburb.
I had the same reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
I think you know I strongly prefer the rail centric suburbs where values strongly lean toward older homes and those that custom built.
Maybe you get into the finer points of distinction between types of suburbs on the suburbs forum. On the city forum I generally see you arguing for all things suburban and against all things urban. That's how it comes across, anyway.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:56 PM

1,750 posts, read 3,391,668 times
Quote:
Most of these houses aren't half million dollar homes. They're mainly quarter million dollar homes. If you go to my link a few posts back you can see how much each in bridgeport new construction, at least since mid april costs. There's a bunch in the quarter mil range, but not half mil.

However, Lincoln Park, Roscoe Village, and Lakeview have a bunch in the half million or more range being built.
Quote:
All I said was you should check it out for *chicago* (not just Bridgeport) because there's other interesting stuff with SFH going on in other areas of town too similar-ish to that of Bridgeport (i.e. Edgebrook)

Nevermind.....
You are all over the place now...Here is what started it all - then you say you are not talking about purchase price, but the cost to a builder or whatever

Quote:
I like Bridgeport, but it's not where I would go if I were in the market for a half-a-million-dollar-home.
Your response:

Quote:
Most of these houses aren't half million dollar homes. They're mainly quarter million dollar homes. If you go to my link a few posts back you can see how much each in bridgeport new construction, at least since mid april costs. There's a bunch in the quarter mil range, but not half mil.

However, Lincoln Park, Roscoe Village, and Lakeview have a bunch in the half million or more range being built.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:01 PM

Oh lord, it was two different streams. It had nothing to do with the Bridgeport stream. You are also not quoting everything. Here you go

Quote:
No need to go to your link...I'm well aware that there are still plenty of less expensive houses in Bridgeport. I was talking about the more expensive ones, and specifically the developer in the recently posted video that revived the thread.
For which I responded:

Quote:
You should anyway if you're interested in the construction that's been OK'd in Chicago. Lot of interesting stuff. Most of the blogs only report on what's happening in the "hot" neighborhoods unless it's something huge.
This is getting idiotic. Those two messages are all you need to read. It's two different things. I have a map, it shows new construction building permits that have been OK'd by the city of Chicago. The message is a response of saying "okay you know about your neighborhood but if you're interested in new construction in Chicago, you should check it out anyway." it's not that ****ing hard to understand.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Oh lord, it was two different streams. It had nothing to do with the Bridgeport stream. You are also not quoting everything. Here you go

For which I responded:

This is getting idiotic. Those two messages are all you need to read. It's two different things. I have a map, it shows new construction building permits that have been OK'd by the city of Chicago. The message is a response of saying "okay you know about your neighborhood but if you're interested in new construction in Chicago, you should check it out anyway." it's not that ****ing hard to understand.
Nothing you are discussing is relevant to anything, it's almost as if you are having a conversation with yourself.

In short: You claimed there are new SFH in Bridgeport for $250K, I said that wasn't accurate, you then backtrack and say your not referring to sale price, but cost to a builder, then you are talking about building permits...I think you are confused.

Also, have you not noticed profanity will result in *******? What is the point?

Old 06-19-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91 View Post
Nothing you are discussing is relevant to anything, it's almost as if you are having a conversation with yourself.

In short: You claimed there are new SFH in Bridgeport for $250K, I said that wasn't accurate, you then backtrack and say your not referring to sale price, but cost to a builder, then you are talking about building permits...I think you are confused.
I sent one response to nearnorth, and then everyone else starts getting confused like it was directed at them. Again, it's not hard to understand. It was a response to nearnorth and I said "well this is a cool thing anyway." Yes, I was wrong about the SALE prices (not construction prices) of homes in Bridgeport, but this has nothing to do with that. I sent a map that had to do with new construction in Chicago to say "this is cool too and there's other interesting things happening outside of Bridgeport too with new SFHs"

This is the last I'm going to say about this because this is getting out of hand and frivolous. If you want to get on someone for 3 pages about something so minor, then I suggest you find a better use of your time in life. You are accomplishing absolutely nothing by trying to lecture me on something as frivolous as posting a link to a map and then people being confused on why it was posted. Yes, I was wrong about the SALE prices in Bridgeport, but what I was trying to clear up had nothing to do with that.

Last edited by marothisu; 06-19-2013 at 04:08 PM..

Old 06-19-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I sent one response to nearnorth, and then everyone else starts getting confused like it was directed at them. Again, it's not hard to understand. It was a response to nearnorth and I said "well this is a cool thing anyway." Yes, I was wrong about the SALE prices (not construction prices) of homes in Bridgeport, but this has nothing to do with that. I sent a map that had to do with new construction in Chicago to say "this is cool too and there's other interesting things happening outside of Bridgeport too with new SFHs"

This is the last I'm going to say about this because this is getting out of hand and frivolous. If you want to get on someone for 3 pages about something so minor, then I suggest you find a better use of your time in life. You are accomplishing absolutely nothing by trying to lecture me on something as frivolous as posting a link to a map and then people being confused on why it was posted. Yes, I was wrong about the SALE prices in Bridgeport, but what I was trying to clear up had nothing to do with that.
It is the smugness with which you come off with that had me calling you out; you think you know what you are talking about, but it was clear to me you didn't. I have been investing in Real Estate in Bridgeport for 5 years, you are a dude on the internet who made a map and tried telling me I was wrong and needed to take a nap.

The silver lining in this is you have made my 6 hour flight from DC to San Fran go by fairly quickly

Old 06-19-2013, 04:25 PM

No problem prelude. I hope you can sleep better at night knowing that you owned someone on the internet. We were both on separate pages, but that's fine. As long as you can sleep better at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago