Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link N. Parker View Post
Im actually 100% supportive of this idea.

There is A LOT MORE to this then what some here may realize.

You have to understand, that this isnt some sort of off-the-cuff remark that Senator Kirk made yesterday; when he made these comments, it was made jointly with SENATOR DICK DURBIN standing there right next to him...it was a joint news announcement, and it was also announced that this is the plan that they want the new US Attorney appointee to implement.

The new US Attorney nominee, Zachary Fardon, was recently nominated by President Obama, and the two senators have made it clear that his confirmation hinges on him promising to use RICO statues to systematically destroy the gang organizations in Chicago...in the same way that Capone's gang was destroyed back in the day.

Durbin, Kirk believe U.S. Attorney nominee Fardon should focus on gang violence | abc7chicago.com

I think this is designed to follow the same pattern that was used in NYC back in the 90's to get rid of the gangs. If so, then Chicago will benefit immensely from this; look at NYC today, and that will be Chicago in 15 years...this is why I am extremely bullish on Chicago real estate; I believe that this is something that has been in the works for weeks, or months, and is now being announced to the public. I wouldnt be surprised if Rahm orchestrated this, or was involved in it, and if this plan moves forward, then I will support Rahm in the next election.

With the mass splintering of traditional gang hierarchies in recent years, its going to be nearly impossible for them to prosecute large groups gang members under the RICO statue. Groups that historically identified with "nations" such as the gangster disiciples, black p stones, black disciples, etc no longer do so. Point is, there is absolutely no organization among large Chicago gangs, for the most part. Prosecuting individual sets block by block would hardly be effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 06:39 PM

30 posts, read 65,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link N. Parker View Post
Im actually 100% supportive of this idea.

There is A LOT MORE to this then what some here may realize.

You have to understand, that this isnt some sort of off-the-cuff remark that Senator Kirk made yesterday; when he made these comments, it was made jointly with SENATOR DICK DURBIN standing there right next to him...it was a joint news announcement, and it was also announced that this is the plan that they want the new US Attorney appointee to implement.

The new US Attorney nominee, Zachary Fardon, was recently nominated by President Obama, and the two senators have made it clear that his confirmation hinges on him promising to use RICO statues to systematically destroy the gang organizations in Chicago...in the same way that Capone's gang was destroyed back in the day.

Durbin, Kirk believe U.S. Attorney nominee Fardon should focus on gang violence | abc7chicago.com

I think this is designed to follow the same pattern that was used in NYC back in the 90's to get rid of the gangs. If so, then Chicago will benefit immensely from this; look at NYC today, and that will be Chicago in 15 years...this is why I am extremely bullish on Chicago real estate; I believe that this is something that has been in the works for weeks, or months, and is now being announced to the public. I wouldnt be surprised if Rahm orchestrated this, or was involved in it, and if this plan moves forward, then I will support Rahm in the next election.
The MAJOR difference is NYC never had gangs like Chicago has. No other city except LA has such well-entrenched gangs. As a matter of fact gangs from LA tried to move into Chicago in the 90s and couldn't. However both LA and Chicago have gangs in NYC. So NYC definitely had a mafia presence, but never any serious street gangs.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:26 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
NY is worse,, Mayor Bloomberg is running the place like thuggery. and it aint pretty.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:42 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,503,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
NY is worse,, Mayor Bloomberg is running the place like thuggery. and it aint pretty.
Worse right now? NY is as safe as it's ever been. No doubt Bloomberg might be doing some things that are controversial, but crime-wise, especially in Manhattan, it's pretty safe considering the number of people they have compared to what it used to be. While NY has never had a gang problem like Chicago has right now, NY should be the blueprint for how to clean up the city and make crime less of an issue than it is.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:48 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,678,085 times
Doesn't anyone know any CPD? They know who these gangbangers are. They see these people every day on the beat, it's no secret who is 'up to trouble' and who isn't.
There's more cops that would love to clean things up, but they and their superiors hands are tied.

Or, they get off on a technicality.

To think that no one knows whats going on an who is behind it is really living under a rock.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:09 PM

283 posts, read 447,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarelyOffended View Post
all those places you get pulled over for no reason are in the racist cops from 17th and 16th district. Don't ask me how I know
hmmmm

16th district - Jefferson Park (Poles) ()

17h District - Albany Park (Mexican/Korean) ()

Old 06-01-2013, 03:21 AM

190 posts, read 315,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
Doesn't anyone know any CPD? They know who these gangbangers are. They see these people every day on the beat, it's no secret who is 'up to trouble' and who isn't.
There's more cops that would love to clean things up, but they and their superiors hands are tied.

Or, they get off on a technicality.

To think that no one knows whats going on an who is behind it is really living under a rock.
of course they know whose in a gang and what they're doing.

the problem is that you have to catch them in the act and gangs know this. they usually have a pretty good system in place to minimize any crime they're committing.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:00 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,779 times
The problem is we live in a society that gives more rights to the criminals than to the innocents they terrorize. Sending in the National Guard - nope. Arming and training civilains to defend their communities against those criminals - nope. Exporting gang bangers to penal colonies - nope. Mandating licenses to have a child, with the babies put into state orphanages if the households are dysfunctional - nope.

Letting criminals flourish without reprecussion and allowing thugs to harasss, intimidate and abuse innocents throughout the city - yep. Society, at least in Chicago, seems to have accepted that as a cost of being in a big city.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:52 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,678,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul89 View Post
of course they know whose in a gang and what they're doing.

the problem is that you have to catch them in the act and gangs know this. they usually have a pretty good system in place to minimize any crime they're committing.
So, how is this 'new plan' going to do anything different than what we've been doing?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Where's the media backlash against Rush for calling Kirk a "White Boy".
I didn't know there was a history of the US government being racially discriminatory against white men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago