Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 01:04 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,492,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by williepotatoes View Post
Chicago doesn't even rank in the top 25 worst, but NY and Newark do. Actually if you follow the link to the top 200 cities, it looks like Chicago is the 4th best of all cities with one million+ populations, ahead of LA.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2012/08/28/cities-with-the-worst-drivers-2012/:
Forbes isn't credible for rankings outside of money-related rankings these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 12:22 PM

955 posts, read 1,820,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
Forbes isn't credible for rankings outside of money-related rankings these days.
Forbes did not conduct the study, Allstate does the research and report. Forbes is merely reporting the findings.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:29 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,492,288 times
Quote:
Forbes did not conduct the study, Allstate does the research and report. Forbes is merely reporting the findings.
I see. I didn't even click the link. I take back what I said then.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:53 PM

144 posts, read 269,380 times
Quote:
Shocking that Allstate wouldn't want to publicize Chicago in a negative light.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:01 PM

14,802 posts, read 17,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH3Flatlander View Post
Shocking that Allstate wouldn't want to publicize Chicago in a negative light.
Do you think they fudged the numbers?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:43 AM

6,439 posts, read 6,868,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
drivers are not the same, try driving in cincinnati everyone drives at 50mph, people will look at you strange if your speeding. They think the world is coming to an end when a driver doesn't turn on his blinkers. In chciago people drive on the shoulder during rush hour, people ram into each other because there going to fast and cant stop in time, people driving 100mph weaving through traffic...
I've lived in Ohio, New York, California, and Chicago and I'll stick by my story. I'm happy to hear that Cincinnatians are mellow drivers. I'll have to smoke some weed and visit sometime. (I've always wanted to see the Mushroom House.)

By the way using a turn signal is required here in Chicago; please do so.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:04 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,737,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I am curious whether the drivers complaining about Chicago or New York drivers have been anywhere else in the country. Drivers seem pretty careless and selfish everywhere. I don't think we're any worse than the rest.
It's one thing to be carelessly selfish. It's another to be malevolently selfish. I've driven all over the eastern half of the USA and nowhere have I found more vicious jerks behind the wheel than right here. Not even close.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 PM

14,418 posts, read 22,371,597 times
What I do know is that drivers in the city could care less about school zones and its speed limits. Honking at cars stopped for kids crossing the road with crossing guards and all. And CPD is more worried about giving people tickets for parking violation

Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 AM

73 posts, read 93,155 times
The Chicagoland Area is one of the most annoying areas to drive in. People either drive extremely aggressive or drive like sissies. It also depends on where you are in the Chicago area. People South of North Ave all love their gas pedals too much and people in the North/Northwest suburbs (especially Skokie, Morton Grove, Niles, Glenview, and Des Plaines) all love their brake pedals too much and are too afraid to drive at least the speed limit (unless conditions are too unsafe to drive fast, only then will they actually move their butts). The only place I have seen decent drivers in the Chicagoland area is in the far northern parts of the city (Edgewater, Uptown, Rogers Park, Lincoln Square, West Ridge, and Irving Park).

Old 06-13-2013, 11:54 AM

3,686 posts, read 7,184,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I've lived in Ohio, New York, California, and Chicago and I'll stick by my story. I'm happy to hear that Cincinnatians are mellow drivers. I'll have to smoke some weed and visit sometime. (I've always wanted to see the Mushroom House.)

By the way using a turn signal is required here in Chicago; please do so.
Weird, mind if i list all the places i have lived in
Los Angeles, Dallas, Milwaukee, Chicago, Cincinnati, Atlanta, New York, Boston...cities out of america...Mexico city(northwest side), Munich, Hong Kong, Perth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago