Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 03:03 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times

Advertisements

America has the highest crime rate out out of any first world country and yet it has the largest prison population out of any first world country. Think about this FACT. It is supported by Drover's link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 04:58 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Too sensitive to discuss, huh? Chicago has a much larger percentage of ghetto African Americans. That's why the murder rate is much higher here. There, I said it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
I'm only stating irrefutable facts... what I said has nothing to do with race. It's a cultural thing within a certain segment of people.
Ghetto African American equals murderer? If YOU are black and live in the ghetto [Woodlawn], I wonder if that makes YOU a murderer. I doubt if you're a murderer, but I believe that's how others, as well as myself, perceived your statement [highlighted above].

Also, I wasn't going to respond to what you said [highlighted above] until Prost was like... That's why I responded by posting, CSS is generalizing. Because, as we all know, every African American from the ghetto is not a murderer - including yourself.

Maybe we [Prost and I] are not hearing you correctly. If so, I apologize, but would love to understand what you really meant.

God bless.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 06-26-2013 at 05:06 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh for Godsake. Take a literacy course or something.
Telling me to take a literary course doesn't make me wrong. I am still right. Many professors of criminology authors state that interesting fact too. You aren't actually proving me wrong. In fact, your link only backed up my post.

This is like arguing with a creationist. It is FACT that America has the highest crime rate of any industrialized/first world nation. Your link showed a long list of counties and the only country with a higher homicide rate than the United States was Mexico.

Last edited by urza216; 06-26-2013 at 05:17 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by probablyimnotsure View Post
It's first world country not county. I wouldn't have said anything if you didn't put it in bold letters.
Well, I was repeatedly being quoted without the end of my sentence. So I put it in bold letters this time.

My mispelling totally makes my FACT wrong, huh?

Old 06-26-2013, 05:14 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Telling me to take a literary course doesn't make me wrong. I am still right. Many professors of criminology authors state that interesting fact too. You aren't actually proving me wrong. In fact, your link only backed up my post.

This like arguing with a creationist. It is FACT that America has the highest crime rate of any industrialized/first world nation. Your link showed a long list of counties and the only country with a higher homicide rate than the United States was Mexico.
I bet its also because of the extreme conditions of these other countries' jails. They are so awful, that it might be a natural deterrant to any criminals there.

Here in the USA, they get to watch tv, go to college, have 3 meals a day, etc. Heck, if i had a choice of living on the street homeless or going to jail, i'd choose the jail.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:19 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post

This like arguing with a creationist. It is FACT that America has the highest crime rate of any industrialized/first world nation. Your link showed a long list of counties and the only country with a higher homicide rate than the United States was Mexico.
JFC.

The data to refute your claim is laid out with explanations of the data and pretty color charts so easy to read that a middle-school student could understand it. And yet you're still like "nuh-uh! I'm right you're wrong!" I have no time or patience for deliberate ignorance or the puerile fools who cling to it rather than admit they might be wrong.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
JFC.

The data to refute your claim is laid out with explanations of the data and pretty color charts so easy to read that a middle-school student could understand it. And yet you're still like "nuh-uh! I'm right you're wrong!" I have no time or patience for deliberate ignorance or the puerile fools who cling to it rather than admit they might be wrong.
That is what YOU are doing. I stated a fact and you posted a link that backed up what I was saying. Have you not even looked at your own link? And yet somehow you think you can continue to say "Nuh uh".

Do yourself a favor and read the book Crime And Punishment in America by Elliott Currie. Right after actually reading your own link..

Old 06-26-2013, 06:13 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,211,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I bet its also because of the extreme conditions of these other countries' jails. They are so awful, that it might be a natural deterrant to any criminals there.
That's absolutely not true - try reading the list. You're saying that countries like Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, etc. have worse prison conditions that the US???? You need to do some research because you are just plain wrong.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 PM

211 posts, read 394,813 times
Over a period of 100 years of Chicago's history the city was held in a strangle hold for approximately half a century by a racist, anti black Irish clan of corrupt politicians. The consequence was massive segregation, and racial discrimination against blacks which ultimately caused mass joblessness and a huge miseducated population of people. Blacks in Chicago are well into their fourth generation as victims of various local injustices and outright human rights abuses....Let me stop...'bout to run on.

Last edited by doublenickels; 06-26-2013 at 11:07 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Blame it on the Irish, how Waspy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago