Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 05:32 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,711,206 times

Advertisements

I went to the Pride Fest last week but I didn't go in drag, I probably won't go in drag tomorrow too. I usually did go in drag in the past, only to disguise myself and not go in guy mode, but I guess it's no bother. When I dressed up in my best cheerleading outfit people wanted to take pics with me, about 12 of them 2 years ago. I missed last years Parade due to an interview with Caterpillar.

Parade
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 07:25 AM

9,889 posts, read 9,513,802 times
Everybody goes to the parade - straight people, gay people, kids, old folks. wow there were a lot of oldsters (and i dont mean that as an insult) ON the floats. and the PFLAG float gets a lot of cheers.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,093,226 times
Walked out of my condo this morning at halsted and buckingham and the neighborhood is TRASHED. It was nonstop sirens from about 9pm to 4am. They tried really hard by the sound of it to clear off the streets right around 1am and then again at 3am.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:38 AM

4,620 posts, read 8,130,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Walked out of my condo this morning at halsted and buckingham and the neighborhood is TRASHED. It was nonstop sirens from about 9pm to 4am. They tried really hard by the sound of it to clear off the streets right around 1am and then again at 3am.
I hope you weren't surprised by these facts ...

I like the new route they're using the past couple years. I'd never been to the starting area before, so this year I went up to Montrose to see things at the beginning of the route and it was pretty fun.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:48 AM

359 posts, read 546,978 times
The parade has really gone down hill in the last 2 or 3 years. Most people who attend the parade now dont even live in the neighborood. This year was marred by an incredible amount of assaults, robberies, violence, rapes...savages destroying cop cars.....horrible...

Crime In Wrigleyville & Boystown

Check out the crime reports...unbelievable...

Old 07-01-2013, 11:51 AM

359 posts, read 546,978 times
Here is a list of crimes that took place the day BEFORE the parade, we dont have the full list of crimes yet for the day of, it was so bad...
A list of batteries and fights reported by citizens and police near the 2013 Chicago Gay Pride Parade route:
1:36PM: Wellington and Broadway. Victim declined police services.
1:51PM: Battery in the iHop parking lot at Halsted and Broadway.
2:01PM: Battery offenders resisting police at Newport at Halsted.
2:14PM: Battery in progress at the "Punkin' Donuts" on Clark at Belmont.
2:17PM: Battery victim needs an ambulance at 3042 N. Broadway. No arrest.
2:21PM: Officers witness a battery at Clark and Barry. Offender arrested.
2:27PM: Additional units called to handle a fight behind the Subway restaurant at 2938 N. Broadway.
2:32PM: One arrest for fighting at 600 W. Diversey.
2:34PM: A fight at Broadway and Sheridan dispersed when officers arrived.
2:38PM: Fight in the alley behind 313 W. Briar.
2:47PM: One person beaten badly in a 10-person brawl at 3726 N. Broadway. Ambulance requested.
3:00PM: Fight at Roscoe and Halsted.
3:03PM: Customer threatening the manager of "Punkin' Donuts."
3:09PM: Battery victim at Halsted and Broadway.
3:11PM: Domestic battery at Broadway and Belmont
3:19PM: Three arrests for battery at Belmont and Sheffield.
3:20PM: One arrest for battery at Clark and Halsted.
3:26PM: A woman called police from the 7-Eleven at Roscoe and Halsted to report that a male with heavy tattoos, short brown hair, and navy blue shorts punched her.
3:29PM: Battery at Roscoe and Halsted results in 2 arrests.
4:00PM: Officers witnessed a battery at Cornelia and Elaine Place. One arrest. Case #HW342145.
4:00PM: A 911 caller said he went to the wrong party and was attacked by the people inside.
4:24PM: A resident who lives near Barry and Broadway reports that 10 people she doesn't know came into her apartment, beat her up, and now they're standing outside laughing about it.
4:31PM: Three girls fighting outside Jamba Juice, 920 W. Belmont
4:35PM: A woman in a car at Hawthorne and Lake Shore Drive is beating someone in the back seat.
4:37PM: Alderman Tom Tunney reports 3 girls fighting next door to his restaurant at 913 W. Belmont.
4:36PM: Commander of the 19th district says he has received reports of a huge crowd at Belmont; fights breaking out in the station.
5:06PM: CTA reports a fight on a southbound Brown Line train at Wellington. Officers remove one "aggressor" at Wellington.
5:35PM: Battery arrest at Belmont and Halsted.
5:40PM: A group was reported fighting inside the City Suites Hotel 933 W. Belmont.
5:59PM: Big fight in progress outside of Taboo-Tabou, 854 W. Belmont.
6:56PM: One arrest at Halsted and Roscoe for assault.
6:58PM: Domestic on Halsted north of Waveland. A female Hispanic is beating a man with a stick.
7:36PM: Four arrested for battery outside of Starbucks at Clark and Belmont.
7:49PM: Eat A Pita, 3155 N. Halsted, reported that 3 females were beating the restaurant's manager with sticks in the alley. The offenders were gone when police arrived.
8:13PM: Police witness a battery in progress outside Las Mananitas Mexican restaurant at Halsted and Brompton. One arrest.
8:21PM: A "huge gang fight with bats" and other weapons is reported in the 900 block of Roscoe, between Halsted and Clark.
8:21PM: "Huge fight" in the street at Halsted and Melrose. Crowd dispersed.
8:29PM: Woman being attacked on the corner of Clark and Belmont.
8:33PM: Another disturbance at Halsted and Melrose. "Large group of gang members fighting" on Melrose.
8:48PM: Battery in progress the Clark and Belmont "Punkin' Donuts."
8:50PM: Beating victim down and bleeding on Clark Street across from the bank at Belmont.
9:31PM: Battery in progress, 807 W Buckingham west of Halsted.
9:42PM: Five arrested for fighting at Halsted and Roscoe.
9:56PM: A fight inside the 7-Eleven on Sheffield near Wrigley Field.
10:08PM: One female arrested for battery at 856 W. Belmont.
10:31PM: Two men fighting in the vestibule of Chase Bank, 3500 N. Clark Street.
10:41PM: 10 people fighting by the Walgreens at Clark and Barry.
10:55PM: An officer calls for 4 back up units to handle a fight at Halsted and Roscoe. One arrest under case #HW342677.
11:09PM: Two arrested for battery at the "Punkin' Donuts" on Clark at Belmont.
11:19PM: Two arrested at Halsted and Roscoe.
11:30PM: Officers call for an ambulance at Addison and Halsted to treat "someone who just got beat up."
11:57PM: Big fight next to the 7-Eleven on Roscoe at Halsted.
12:34AM: A male black is pepper spraying people one block west of the police station on Addison at Wilton.
1:09AM: Big fight at Belmont and Sheffield.
1:17AM: A woman and three men fighting with bottles in the intersection at Halsted and Waveland.
1:17AM: A woman was attacked in a bathroom at Circuit nightclub, 3641 N. Halsted.
1:3AM: Another battery at Circuit. Security is holding the offender.
1:33AM: A mob fighting in the street on Aldine between Halsted and Clark.
1:35AM: Circuit nightclub reports they now have two offenders handcuffed and one restrained. Police prepare to enter the club in force.
2:00AM: Illinois Mason Medical Center has two battery victims who need to file police reports.
3:25AM: People fighting in the 3400 block of N. Halsted.
4:12AM: Ambulance needed for two persons injured in a domestic battery at Halsted and Cornelia. Both were treated at Thorek Hospital. Chicago Police Department case#HW342847

Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,357,621 times
^ No one died

Old 07-01-2013, 12:08 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,901,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link N. Parker View Post
The parade has really gone down hill in the last 2 or 3 years. Most people who attend the parade now dont even live in the neighborood. This year was marred by an incredible amount of assaults, robberies, violence, rapes...savages destroying cop cars.....horrible...

Crime In Wrigleyville & Boystown

Check out the crime reports...unbelievable...
I was in uptown and got to enjoy part of the parade and the crowd was ok. No one drinking and acting a fool.

The only negative thing was on the train when some guy repeatedly touch my but. I didn't appreciate it. A straight guy heard me kindly ask him to stop he got off at the next stop and mumbled something.

After the parade I heard there were incidences on Wilson between the red line and Montrose beach.

They say that attendance was over a million so you can expect some bad apples. (just like the championship celebrations last week). That's why I cut my stay very short.

My question to you would be given what you know about Chicago and the culture of people hanging out in Boystown, did you expect anything different? I didn't.

Do you think that Pride should only be a neighborhood party?

Old 07-01-2013, 12:33 PM

4,111 posts, read 9,028,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link N. Parker View Post
Most people who attend the parade now dont even live in the neighborood.
Has the gay parade even been even REMOTELY a "neighborhood" thing?

This suggestion begs some questions for me. Does this mean the gay pride is ONLY a celebration of being gay and living on the north side of Chicago? Is gay parade like this: "If you're gay or just support gay rights but you live in Iowa, Naperville or Englewood then you better stay the hell away from the gay parade! This is isn't about gay pride or gay rights in America. This is only about being gay in LAKEVIEW!"

..Or perhaps this is just one off-key person on City Data exercising his or her free speech. I think that's much more likely.

Or MAYBE the people of Lakeview and Lincoln Park no longer want to be the center of attention? Perhaps we should never have any big time "Chicago" events in these neighborhoods ever again, considering the endless complaining on City Data.

Last edited by urza216; 07-01-2013 at 01:00 PM..

Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,901,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Has the gay parade even been even REMOTELY a "neighborhood" thing?

This suggestion begs some questions for me. Does this mean the gay pride is ONLY a celebration of being gay and living on the north side of Chicago? Is gay parade like this: "If you're gay or just support gay rights but you live in Iowa, Naperville or Englewood then you better stay the hell away from the gay parade! This is isn't about gay pride or gay rights in America. This is only about being gay in LAKEVIEW!"

..Or perhaps this is just one off-key person on City Data exercising his or her free speech. I think that's much more likely.
That's one of the great things about the parade was there was diversity in the crowd. Africans, Asians, Indians, Blacks, Whites, Straights, Gays and ?'s (some didn't know who they where) and that's ok too. People from all over the region and the Midwest. 20 years ago, many would not have wanted to partake in a parade like that for fear of being outed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago