Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 02:28 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,875,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
That's all you can do because you can't add to the conversation. To sit back and try to make fun of another poster, without adding anything to the thread, just shows your inability to have forethought or draw conclusions. Right now you are looking a whole lot like Rachel Jeante.

I don't think the death of a human being is a laughing matter but you have already showed your desensitization to serious matters such as drug use, committing crimes, and getting tattoos as a "child."

All I see are emotional responses. Why get worked up over something you can't understand?
By your logic should all middle class who ever smoked weed or shoplifted as teens be summarily executed?

The population of the country would shrink by more than half overnight.

The only facet of this case that gives me pause is the image showing Zimmerman's head injuries. They looked severe, and beyond what could be reasonably justified without Zimmerman actually initiating physical contact.

But that's the problem here - without Trayvon to tell his side of the story, we only have Zimmerman's story that he was defending himself.

I think the jurors gave the only decision they could given the evidence and the law, but it doesn't mean Zimmerman was morally in the right at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I wish Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would get as upset about all the black on black crimes happening in Englewood, if he would just concentrate on that little bit, it would do chicago good. in my opinion, of course. if he presented his case with all the disgusting crime happening there, to people even MORE innocent - like a little 6 year old playing in the sandbox - but a drive by kills her, person sitting in their own living room - gang bang drive by - shoots them dead.

I say WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE OF THESE CRIMES!!! crickets,, is all i hear from sharpton and jackson.
There's no publicity in that! People like the ones you mentioned are only in it for their own financial gain. And I'm ashamed for the community that they represent that they haven't figured them out by now. In fact, one of the sons of the above mentioned people will be serving prison time soon. Good riddance! Another Illinois politician bites the dust. I suggest every hard working, law-abiding, citizen to move out of Illinois so your pocket doesn't get pinched propping up the leaches to society who sit around and do nothing all day but milk the system dry...

Old 07-15-2013, 02:52 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
The only facet of this case that gives me pause is the image showing Zimmerman's head injuries. They looked severe, and beyond what could be reasonably justified without Zimmerman actually initiating physical contact.
Honestly, I don't see how Zimmerman was getting his head banged into the sidewalk and then is able to pull a gun out and shoot the kid. He should have been finished. Then again, we are talking about a 17 year old kid who has little fighting skiil and probably can't bench press his own weight.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoniner View Post
Says the guy with posts like this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...l#post29556507

"I know there are many attractive people in Chicago, but their aura is unattractive.

They are closed minded and boring.

People from the coastal areas bring the heat and the noise."
That is a true statement, Chicago people are very bland. They are very cut off from the world around them. They are mean, drive terribly, and just overall lack the chill, laid-back vibe you get from people on the West Coast...

Old 07-15-2013, 03:23 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,875,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Honestly, I don't see how Zimmerman was getting his head banged into the sidewalk and then is able to pull a gun out and shoot the kid. He should have been finished. Then again, we are talking about a 17 year old kid who has little fighting skiil and probably can't bench press his own weight.
I'm just saying the image does look pretty nasty.

I think Trayvon was rightfully irritated about some dude following him around and GZ bit off more than he could chew and was getting the worst of it when it got physical. People as paranoid as GZ clearly is can often summon berzerker-style strength under duress.

I'm not defending GZ, just guessing how the jurors rationalized a not guilty verdict.

Really, I can understand being po'd about burglaries in your neighborhood, but it doesn't justify anything this guy did. It's not like he saw Trayvon on a someone's stoop or peering into windows of someone GZ knew was out of town, the kid was just walking down the street. Shouldn't matter if he was baked, was suspended from school, whatever.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,962,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
The only people I like less than ghetto thugs are racists from a certain group. Also, how many privilaged white youths smoke weed and have tattoos? Your post is an epic failure.
I agree 200% is funny how they try to fool people into not thinking they are racist.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:59 PM

100 posts, read 123,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I agree 200% is funny how they try to fool people into not thinking they are racist.
Which post in this thread was racist?

Old 07-15-2013, 04:15 PM

130 posts, read 170,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
I'm just saying the image does look pretty nasty.

I think Trayvon was rightfully irritated about some dude following him around and GZ bit off more than he could chew and was getting the worst of it when it got physical. People as paranoid as GZ clearly is can often summon berzerker-style strength under duress.

I'm not defending GZ, just guessing how the jurors rationalized a not guilty verdict.

Really, I can understand being po'd about burglaries in your neighborhood, but it doesn't justify anything this guy did. It's not like he saw Trayvon on a someone's stoop or peering into windows of someone GZ knew was out of town, the kid was just walking down the street. Shouldn't matter if he was baked, was suspended from school, whatever.
The injuries likely played a significant role in the jury acquitting Zimmerman. If you take Zimmerman's injuries, coupled with his statements to police (yes, I realize he's biased b/c he doesn't want to go to jail), and witness John Good's testimony, you can easily see where the jury came up with reasonable doubt. I'm guessing the initial prosecutor also reached the same conclusion and that is why he chose not to pursue charges. That's what everyone has lost sight of here: this is just a run of the mill self-defense case that somehow blew up into the civil rights spectacle of the century.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Lundegaard View Post
The injuries likely played a significant role in the jury acquitting Zimmerman. If you take Zimmerman's injuries, coupled with his statements to police (yes, I realize he's biased b/c he doesn't want to go to jail), and witness John Good's testimony, you can easily see where the jury came up with reasonable doubt. I'm guessing the initial prosecutor also reached the same conclusion and that is why he chose not to pursue charges. That's what everyone has lost sight of here: this is just a run of the mill self-defense case that somehow blew up into the civil rights spectacle of the century.
That's because Obama, who is just as much white as he is black, stirred the pot. Some leader... If he doesn't come out pro-Martin, when he thought George Zimmerman was white, the tension doesn't reach half the levels they are at now.

Obama just continues to show poor judgement. Something in him must be leading him to make poor choices.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:38 PM

191 posts, read 361,029 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Ou...e_gdata_player
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago