Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 06:20 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,208,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
Oh, sorry, didn't catch that part.

At least the Stormfronters are mostly kept virtually stormfronting on substandard chat forums on the World Wide Webs.
True, but they are very involved with sites like secondcitycop and crimeinboystown. Both are very dubious sites that mix real crimes with completely fabricated crimes. Be very wary of any info on either site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 06:24 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,276,163 times
Yeah, I remember having that impression the one time I read SecondCityCop.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:15 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,875,838 times
This area of LV is claimed as Gangster Disciple territory, so while it is not fair to tar black Chicagoans as a whole, it doesn't take a lot of imagination to consider that the GD's, obviously a black gang, are not known for progressive and nonviolent past times, and there may be a connection.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:57 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,934,805 times
After looking at these sites, I am wondering what the motivation would be to construct such sites with fabricated informaiton. It seems like a lot of work to do so and for what purpose?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:00 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
This area of LV is claimed as Gangster Disciple territory, so while it is not fair to tar black Chicagoans as a whole, it doesn't take a lot of imagination to consider that the GD's, obviously a black gang, are not known for progressive and nonviolent past times, and there may be a connection.
nice pun

Old 07-14-2013, 08:27 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Dont go out at night is the moral of this story for me. Looks like crime has caught up to the once nice Lakeview, and not from people who live there. People who live in Lakeview has an interest in keeping things safe. so i guess we have to do like the rest of the city - dont go out at night.

I dont mean to be facitious and some of you might disagree, but if those people had not gone out at night, those crimes would not have happened.
The problem with this is that many people move to Lakeview precisely because of the nightlife options it offers. For them, not going out at night pretty much defeats the purpose of living in Lakeview in the first place.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:43 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,205,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
Can Link N. Parker and ChicagoMeO get a room where they can masturbate to how dangerous Lakeview is together and leave the rest of us alone? I swear if these two aren't the same person, they share the same irrational, fear-mongering brain.
Must spread some reputation around, etc.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
Yeah, I remember having that impression the one time I read SecondCityCop.
For sure. I had never seen this Crime In Boystown site before, but it does have a very similar flavor to that awful pile o' ****e. If we want to discuss crime let's at least cite legitimate sources and actual crime data.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
If you don't see what is wrong with that you're either a naive idiot or a racist POS.
The smart money is on both.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
The problem isn't just the order in which words are used, it's when adjectives (like black or white) are used as nouns - effectively turning a person into a race instead of a person. This has become the standard way to refer to people on white supremacist boards for awhile now and has become widespread in online comments and on blogs. It is done on purpose. Spend some time on sites like Stormfront and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

The CPD site you attempted to link to doesn't do that at all. It has a list of names that describe people as a "black victim", "Hispanic victim". That's completely normal, it's an adjective describing a victim. The CPD never describes people as "a black" or "a white", they describe them as "a black male" or a "black man".

I don't know if the CBS news site described it that way because of bad editing or for other reasons, but it's an unforgivable error for whatever reason.

While I could link to hundreds of thousands of web sites to show that you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to proper LEO suspect identification protocols, I will simply provide one. This is a live scanner of Chicago Police Department radio traffic. Listen. If you ever hear them describe a suspect with race before sex, buy yourself a lottery ticket. It doesn't happen because the nearly universal way to describe suspects within U.S. law enforcement is race, sex, age, height, weight, clothing description, followed by any other details.

Chicago Police Zone 6, 7 and 8 District Live Audio Feed

I was a police officer in Pittsburgh for 8 years before joining a law enforcement branch of the U.S. Treasury Department. You simply do not not what your are speaking of.

Frankly, while you accused the web site of making things up, I find that you are the one who is making things up. Your fabricated statement that Chicago POlice describe suspects as "'a black male' or a 'black man'" is flat out wrong. It's made up. It's a lie. Simple monitoring of the above link will prove that, probably within 10 minutes.

By your measure, nearly all of America's law enforcement entities have modeled their protocols by studying white supremacist web sites. You, dear, are a crack pot.

I notice that you completely ignored my question about how you explain that the site refers to "male white" suspects, too. Are they racist against whites, too?

People like you who throw around "racist" at the drop of a hat reveal their own racist tendencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago