Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 01:57 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,909,459 times

Advertisements

Chet, that's fine. I know exactly, but in the end this is not the suburbs forum. This is the city forum, so if the OP wants to talk about the suburbs, then they should do it in the suburbs forum. However, in the end, I have experience driving on 90 down to 57 numerous times (and recently), so my advice is just as sound as yours. 40 minutes from even Hyde Park down to that area is doable unless you want to drive below the speed limit on the interstate.

Monee is 30-35 miles from the middle of Hyde Park, which is a little over 1 mile to the interstate. If it takes you 5 minutes to get to the interstate from the middle of Hyde Park and you're left with about say 32 miles left to go, at an average speed of 65 MPH, you will get there in around 35 total minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
Many folks use the generic "moving to XXXXX" as an indication that XXXXX is the nearest metro area to where they are relocating.

If the OP wishes to live a less car dependant life working in Monee the best way to achieve that is very likely to minimize the time and distance that one spends in a car. To do so in this region very likely involves moving not inside the corporate limits of Chicago but a well developed town that is closer to their employment.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 1,948 times
thank you for all the advice everyone. It really does help! I actually have an interview in River Forest/Oak Park area so we will be in the area and checking out places that are in between this and Monee. Talk about overwelming! I think we are going to try to find a realtor to help us along the way too. I think we are definitely going to take your guys suggestions with Beverly and the surrounding neighborhoods you suggested. Plus, I know a couple mentioned Hyde Park. Thanks!

Old 07-25-2013, 05:58 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
Good luck on the interview. If you do land a job in Oak Park / Rover Forest that is much more central and will give you many more good options than being in a more fringe area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago