Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,567,074 times

Advertisements

no need to get defensive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 11:01 AM

158 posts, read 301,111 times
Pretty nice and expensive new Townhomes being built in East Avondale. New townhomes planned for Avondale site
This is the Cornelia on the Park area right near the Addison Mall. These Townhomes are priced in between 420K and 470K.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:22 AM

15,331 posts, read 23,826,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Side Brandon View Post
Pretty nice and expensive new Townhomes being built in East Avondale. New townhomes planned for Avondale site
This is the Cornelia on the Park area right near the Addison Mall. These Townhomes are priced in between 420K and 470K.
Wouldn't be surprised if they already started these. The article is from over 6 months ago. Also on the border of Avondale and Irving Park, a bunch of single family homes are being built on California near Gordon Tech, though this technically might be Irving Park but it's still right on the border.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:02 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,850,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
no need to get defensive
no defensiveness, just the bemusement of someone who has quite literally been reading about Pilsen as the next big thing since I was a kid. Pilsen was being touted as the place the artists were moving to long before Wicker Park.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Side Brandon View Post
Private park? Eww. Brands Park is right down the damned street!

"Belgravia Realty Group has just begun marketing Cornelia on the Park, the first phase of a new luxury townhome development surrounding a private, landscaped park. Phase I homes are at 3020-24 W Newport Ave and 3441-45 N Whipple St in Avondale."

Old 08-23-2013, 03:12 PM

12,734 posts, read 9,432,124 times
How are the elementary schools in Avondale? Is it a decent place to raise kids?

Also, how about using an apt locator?

Old 08-23-2013, 03:23 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,587,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
no defensiveness, just the bemusement of someone who has quite literally been reading about Pilsen as the next big thing since I was a kid. Pilsen was being touted as the place the artists were moving to long before Wicker Park.
That's funny. It didn't really seem to start changing much until the early 2000's or so, but has changed quite a bit since then, and the rate of change appears to be accelerating.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:28 AM

2,423 posts, read 4,304,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if they already started these. The article is from over 6 months ago. Also on the border of Avondale and Irving Park, a bunch of single family homes are being built on California near Gordon Tech, though this technically might be Irving Park but it's still right on the border.
Yeah those town homes appear to be halfway done. Also they built some new condo buildings on Sacramento across from Target just south of Addison, and north of these town homes.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:34 AM

2,423 posts, read 4,304,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
How are the elementary schools in Avondale? Is it a decent place to raise kids?

Also, how about using an apt locator?
I grew up in the area. The better schools were the private ones that no longer exist and are now charter ones. I have no idea how good the charter ones are. I went to a private one and looking back I thought it was just ok. The public ones I don't know, but get the impression they are so so. For high schools the closest ones are Gordon tech and Lane Tech. Gordon is average, Lane Tech is excellent. I get the impression that most middle and upper middle class families that are moving in aren't sending their kids to Avondale schools, but nearby ones like St.viator, st,. Bens etc.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
I grew up in the area. The better schools were the private ones that no longer exist and are now charter ones. I have no idea how good the charter ones are. I went to a private one and looking back I thought it was just ok. The public ones I don't know, but get the impression they are so so. For high schools the closest ones are Gordon tech and Lane Tech. Gordon is average, Lane Tech is excellent. I get the impression that most middle and upper middle class families that are moving in aren't sending their kids to Avondale schools, but nearby ones like St.viator, st,. Bens etc.
Avondale is a low performer. Reilly and Von Linne are supposed to be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago