Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 05:10 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times

Advertisements

Okay, you "can" talk about "schools" "and" we'll talk about "the" neighborhood(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 05:12 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Funny I am not familar with "semi imply", I enjoy eating at the dining spots in Lincoln Square, have enjoyed musical performances at the Old Town School of Folk Music, have never encountered any safety issues when visting my sister who lives in the neighborhood. Safety is good for a city neighborhood, heck I think there are probably more garage break-ins in Oak Park...

Anybody that needs to take advantage of good schools for their kids would however be ill served given the historic dimensions of the school closing that have happened and the chaotic shuffling of personal that is currently causing even formerly committed parents to seek alternatives.
I'm glad you enjoy the restaurants. But your knowledge of area schools is dated.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:14 PM

Vlajos, don't you kind of live in that area and have kids who go to the schools around there?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Vlajos, don't you kind of live in that area and have kids who go to the schools around there?
I do. And to see the repeated falsehoods declared by some is becoming a bore. How long before a four paragraph post appears?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I do. And to see the repeated falsehoods declared by some is becoming a bore. How long before a four paragraph post appears?
So in other words, you kind of have your hand on the pulse of the schools in that neighborhood and up-to-date on what's happening, which schools are good, which ones are not so good, etc.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:22 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
Sure we can talk about neighborhoods.

I also enjoy walking along the Prairie Path in Elmhurst, heading to its huge gorgeous library with thousands of other visitors, taking in some live theatre at Elmhurst College, enjoying a live band at one of the many nightspots, having a delicious meal,mall in a town with really easy rail transit to the Loop and a nice range of apartments.

I love the huge range of wildlife presented in naturalistic settings at Brookfield Zoo, steps from from Riverside-Brookfield High school. A super fast train ride from the Loop via BNSF Metra service.

How about strolling through downtown Lagrange with its intersting shops and dining spots. Express service is like 19 minutes from the Loop.

Heard of Paul Virant? He is one of those "locally sourced / family farming" type chefs. Had a Michelin star. His resturant, Vie, is in Westen Springs. Great town. Huge Forest Preserves, great parks, kids were out at Spring Rock Park for lacrosse season, cross country, soccer this evening. Really high performing schools.

Want to talk some more?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:26 PM

I think if the OP wants to talk suburbs, they should post in the suburbs forum. This is about the city.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
So in other words, you kind of have your hand on the pulse of the schools in that neighborhood and up-to-date on what's happening, which schools are good, which ones are not so good, etc.
Yep. There are a lot realtors and homeowners that rely on very dated information about area schools.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:47 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
Default Ah there's that helpfulness coming through...

Quote:
I think if the OP wants to talk suburbs, they should post in the suburbs forum. This is about the city.
The OP specifically stated they would be happy to live in a suburb. Given their needs that would almost certainly be superior to dealing with the chaos that has been caused by the recent cuts in CPS.

Chicago is unique in the Midwest in having an extensive range of excellent rail-centric suburbs that offer great walakble amenities for families whose careers are inside the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Yep. There are a lot realtors and homeowners that rely on very dated information about area schools.

Hmm, I am basing my recommendations on information that has been in the Chicago daily papers this week.
Chicago Tribune

What sorts of info do have to share?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:51 PM

Yes, so I think given your information, they should post in the suburbs forum and ask there too, while in here we provide information on the city. Then they can decide for themselves instead of the city thread being overrun with suburban advice. There is a reason there's two separate forums - city and suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago