Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 10:42 AM

928 posts, read 1,712,484 times

Advertisements

Okay, buddy, whatever makes you feel better. Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 10:47 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,415,819 times
Let me guess, you're also the same type of uptight black woman that would quickly dismiss Puerto Ricans as not knowing anything about Blacks when they are in fact part Black themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Yes, as a black person, I'm uncomfortable that a non-black person feels he knows about my culture because he listens to prominent black entertainment figures speak about it. Yes, that's exactly it.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:50 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,419,652 times
I never thought of Chicago as segregated. Lived most of my life there.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
Let me guess, you're also the same type of uptight black woman that would quickly dismiss Puerto Ricans as not knowing anything about Blacks when they are in fact part Black themselves.
I'm just going to leave this here.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:55 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
This would require a PR who acknowledges he or she has African heritage. I don't run into many Afro PRs in Chicago. But what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Old 08-10-2013, 11:04 AM

27 posts, read 57,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Why did you stay there for 14 years?
White liberal guilt, maybe. Hope that it would get better when Obama was elected. A belief that change was possible. I left when I realized it wouldn't change in my lifetime, and that I was getting too old to be a naive pioneer with only X amount of years to live. One time after a neighbor was almost raped in her home, I got into an argument w/ a cop about the **** poor police response in the neighborhood, and was told, "You don't have to live here." She was right, I had options that my neighbors didn't. They're either too old or too young, or tied to their families, or just too plain poor; poor in wealth, poor in spirit, poor in education, etc.
I also got pulled over by the cops a lot, and learned to view other whites w/ suspicion because the majority were there to buy drugs. But still, I feel bad for the older folks that own and live there that get terrorized by the thugs. My neighbor Miss Ann had her front picture window broken more times than I can count, because she would complain to the Commander and Alderman about certain residents, but nothing ever changed. The CAPS meetings were a joke w/ gang members in attendence to make sure nothing got said and cops who could care less anyways.

Honestly, I think I'm just kind of a slow witted Pollyanna.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchica View Post
White liberal guilt, maybe. Hope that it would get better when Obama was elected.
HA HA HA HA HA!

You stayed in a place for 14 years where you were assaulted more than once, with nonstop sirens and seeing people passed out in the streets daily out of white liberal guilt? Brilliant.

I have go outside now before I die of laughter. Plus it's lovely out. I'll see y'all later.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:08 AM

27 posts, read 57,957 times
it was a joke...sort of. what part of town do you live in?

Old 08-10-2013, 11:09 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
I have go outside now before I die of laughter. Plus it's lovely out. I'll see y'all later.
Right behind you LOL.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:00 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,061,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NearWestSider View Post
Apologize to you? For what?

I appreciate your honesty, but it does not change the fact that you are a pig and a coward for even suggesting that you'd like to harass random women on the street. You are a disgrace to whatever martial art you profess to be a follower of.

And what exactly leads you to believe that women are supposed to kiss your rear end?

If that's really the case, you'll be extremely disappointed when my daughter empties her pepper spray in your face, kicks your testicles halfway to your stomach, and breaks your jaw.

Your martial arts training ain't gonna do squat unless you strike first, which, if you do it, makes you no better than the thugs you profess to hate, so make your choice.
Wait, hold on, I got another one.

At least your daughter wouldn't be DATING a black guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago