Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2013, 12:45 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,657,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT445 View Post
Well if most Caucasians do not prefer segregation, why are most of them living in areas that have a lesser amount of Blacks.
It could have something to do with there being several times more Whites than Blacks in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 12:49 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,292,882 times
Quote:
Well if most Caucasians do not prefer segregation, why are most of them living in areas that have a lesser amount of Blacks.

Since you know it all, which I already know you don't, prove to me that most of them prefer integration.

Your smart *** remarks show your age. Minor!
1) I don't like being "schooled" by noobs who have barely been on this forum for more than 4 months. Unless you prove yourself, I typically don't give trolls like you the time of day.

2) If you had actually been around this forum any length of non-trolling time, you'd realize that the idea of me being a minor is laughable at best and highly ignorant at worst.

3) You do realize that, *gasp*, there are more whites in this country than blacks, so for that reason alone, many whites don't live in areas where there is a significant minority population. Add in issues of white flight (yes, a form of self segregation, but it was far more common in the past) and socioeconomic factors, and it's ludicrous to make a statement like "most whites prefer segregation". m

Again, man up and provide valid proof to back up your statement and I will of course apologize. Otherwise, you're nothing but a troll spewing nonsense.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:53 PM

192 posts, read 323,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I agree, of course, but there's a common perception that NYC has a higher integration of blacks, and really that doesn't seem to be the case. 14.9% of NYC neighborhoods are integrated with blacks. That's not a high number at all.
Looking at the dissimilarity index for large metros based upon 2010 Census data, the NYC metro (2nd worst, 78.0) has less integration than the Chicago metro (3rd worst, 76.4).

Old 08-11-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I'd say the lack of true integration nation-wide, as well as the "White Flight" phenomenon, is evidence enough.
See my previous response to LT445.

As for "white flight", yes, it exist, but again, to make the unfounded statement that "most whites prefer segregation" is absurd.

You do realize that there is a current trend of young whites moving into the city, right? You know, those cities where minorities live, right? On the other side, more minorities are moving to the 'burbs. So if segregation is so great ( ), why are whites willingly moving into areas with minorities and minorities willingly moving into areas where whites live?

Whites Fleeing Back to Cities | Politics and Breaking News | Oakland, Berkeley, Bay Area & California | Seven Days
Bright Flight: Affluent Leaving Suburbs, Moving to Cities - The Juggle - WSJ

Look up, see what I did there? I made a statement and back it up with evidence. It's this new thing us "minors" are doing, backing up our statements with some modicum of factual evidence-try it some time

Old 08-11-2013, 01:14 PM

144 posts, read 144,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
1) I don't like being "schooled" by noobs who have barely been on this forum for more than 4 months. Unless you prove yourself, I typically don't give trolls like you the time of day.

2) If you had actually been around this forum any length of non-trolling time, you'd realize that the idea of me being a minor is laughable at best and highly ignorant at worst.

3) You do realize that, *gasp*, there are more whites in this country than blacks, so for that reason alone, many whites don't live in areas where there is a significant minority population. Add in issues of white flight (yes, a form of self segregation, but it was far more common in the past) and socioeconomic factors, and it's ludicrous to make a statement like "most whites prefer segregation". m

Again, man up and provide valid proof to back up your statement and I will of course apologize. Otherwise, you're nothing but a troll spewing nonsense.
I asked you to do one thing, prove your point. You decided to give me this uppity, neck rolling, finger shaking attitude.

You had your chance to prove your point, but you didn't.

As far as you calling me a troll, you know exactly where you can plant that comment.

From now on, please do not respond to me. You may not be a minor, but you behave like one. I don't engage in that type of back and forth fifth grade behavior.

Have a great Sunday.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
This thread has managed to get even stupider. I'm impressed.
I'm not, it's just another sign of the degradation of this forum. I knew the Chicago forum was going down the drain when Harrier became a near regular commenter here. It almost makes me miss the old days where there was some level of moderation on this board. Yeah, it went too far at time, but I feel like now we're in the other extreme where the Chicago forum is turning into "P&OC Lite".

Old 08-11-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I asked you to do one thing, prove your point. You decided to give me this uppity, neck rolling, finger shaking attitude.

You had your chance to prove your point, but you didn't.

As far as you calling me a troll, you know exactly where you can plant that comment.

From now on, please do not respond to me. You may not be a minor, but you behave like one. I don't engage in that type of back and forth fifth grade behavior.

Have a great Sunday.
See my next post where I do something you have yet to do: link proof to my statements.

Don't want me replying to you? Okay, bye, you can leave now. Welcome to City-Data, a PUBLIC forum where I can reply to anyone I please. You've got a lot to learn here, young noob. Constantly insisting that I'm a minor isn't helping your cause and is just making you look sad b/c you STILL haven't posted anything to back up your lofty claims..

Old 08-11-2013, 01:23 PM

144 posts, read 144,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
See my next post where I do something you have yet to do: link proof to my statements.

Don't want me replying to you? Okay, bye, you can leave now. Welcome to City-Data, a PUBLIC forum where I can reply to anyone I please. You've got a lot to learn here, young noob.
I asked you not to respond to me, but you insisted on doing so. Isn't that harassment?

If am such a troll and people like me are bringing down the board that you own, why give me the time of day?

Just because I am new here doesn't make you superior, at all!

Again, do not respond to me again. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:24 PM

211 posts, read 516,986 times
It is disheartening, but true. North Chicago is white, West Chicago is Asian and white, inner-city Chicago like where Downtown is has many Jews primarily on Lake Shore Drive and in the co-ops, and South Chicago is all black and Hispanic. It is because most affordable housing is in South Chicago.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:36 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,375,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Who are you talking to? Skinheads and Klansmen? I've never heard anyone with an ounce of credibility anywhere say segregation is a good thing.
People's action speak for itself. Which I guess is why Chicago is segregated.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago