Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:09 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
Yes, but you enjoy telling people who haven't spent time in Pilsen/Humboldt Park/Logan Square/XYZ improving-neighborhood-that-used-be-ghetto they know absolutely nothing about Chicago and haven't seen Chicago for not being familiar with these neighborhoods, as if those were somehow now the premier neighborhoods.

You should try and be more congruent.
You really don't get it. At all. The OP wants to be around nightlife and clubs. It's not that ****ing hard. It's not about what I want - it's about what they want.

Now, if they want to see different shades of Chicago, then by all means I would recommend getting out of the "downtown area" to see them, but that's different than where you want to stay -especially if you want to do so around the clubs. Not to mention the fact that there's not many "hip hotels" outside of the greater downtown area anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 06:21 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,755,076 times
I've said several times that River North (obviously the best nightlife in Chicago) still feels very midwestern and more like nightlife district in Milwaukee or St Louis instead of NYC or LA.

You've countered with this argument that the less-known neighborhoods are what I should have seen, but for not seeing them (which I have, just didn't bother spending much time in them given how lame they were), I don't know anything about Chicago. If those neighborhoods were truly superior (like you frequently imply) then you would make that recommendation.

I'm sure those neighborhoods have bars and nightlife as well, and I'm fairly sure River North isn't the only part of Chicago where someone can find a hotel and some bars or clubs.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:46 PM

151 posts, read 162,794 times
Quote:
I've said several times that River North (obviously the best nightlife in Chicago) still feels very midwestern and more like nightlife district in Milwaukee or St Louis instead of NYC or LA.

You've countered with this argument that the less-known neighborhoods are what I should have seen, but for not seeing them (which I have, just didn't bother spending much time in them given how lame they were), I don't know anything about Chicago. If those neighborhoods were truly superior (like you frequently imply) then you would make that recommendation.

I'm sure those neighborhoods have bars and nightlife as well, and I'm fairly sure River North isn't the only part of Chicago where someone can find a hotel and some bars or clubs.
The OP is looking for something specific and everyone else is answering her questions. You don't know anything about Chicago, so why even bother coming on this thread and hijacking? No life?

Old 09-04-2013, 09:43 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,755,076 times
^^^^

Hey McFly...anybody home?

OP is obviously male, notice that "gentlemen's clubs" were mentioned in the initial post (even though they aren't looking for strip clubs - that's terminology that men use).

Old 09-05-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
^^^^

Hey McFly...anybody home?

OP is obviously male, notice that "gentlemen's clubs" were mentioned in the initial post (even though they aren't looking for strip clubs - that's terminology that men use).
Whoops my mistake. Regardless, you should stick topics that you actually know something about!

Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,598 times
Quote:

There aren't many hotels in Chicago outside of downtown or near the airports with entertainment options nearby. They exist but they are low in quantity. These guys sound like they are coming to town to party for a weekend so River North is easily the best option. If they get tired of it then they can hop a cab to a different neighborhood.

River North to me is like midtown Manhattan except there are more clubs which are my least favorite nightlife option. Between the lines, the prices, the music and the d-bag patrons, I can't stand clubs.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
There aren't many hotels in Chicago outside of downtown or near the airports with entertainment options nearby. They exist but they are low in quantity. These guys sound like they are coming to town to party for a weekend so River North is easily the best option. If they get tired of it then they can hop a cab to a different neighborhood.

River North to me is like midtown Manhattan except there are more clubs which are my least favorite nightlife option. Between the lines, the prices, the music and the d-bag patrons, I can't stand clubs.
I hear yah. I used to be ok with clubs, but now I just hate them. Having to dress up, the lines, the prices, douchey people, how pretentious it is. Blah.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:09 PM

294 posts, read 989,673 times
Hey All,

First off i want to say thanks for all your help.. First time to Chicago and we just want everything to go well for our buddies bachelor party so it is a bit over whelming.

based on the info provided we have tentatively booked the Witt because of the sky bar and its proximity to River north? are there many places to eat around there during the day and late at night. we are not overly worried about distance to the clubs as we can always cab it. rather we want options to eat and shop during the day.

also seems like castle, parliament, mid, 8fifty8 and lumen are the main mega clubs. which ones are good on which specific nights? Specifically whats good on thu? fri? sat? and sun? we are not rich by any stretch of the imagination but have a group of 10 to 12 guys so we need to guarantee entry thats why we are considering bottle service. works out to the same by the time you are done paying cover, greasing the bouncer and buying drinks anyway. we are open to any type of crowd, but prefer 23-35 crowd. half the group is of various ethnic origins and wouldn't mind hangouts with latina, east indian and other exotic patrons.

lastly, for the main night we want to send him off with a bang. nothing over the top perverted but a strip club WITH alchohol and beautiful women would be ideal. we don't care if its full nude or not. what do you recommend from thu to sun night?

also, any decent place you can recommend to go out to after sundays nights football game?

thanks so much in advance.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:52 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Chicago has laws that prohibit nudity and liquor service...

Old 10-08-2013, 06:00 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,989,184 times
The only gentleman's club I know of in the city is the Admiral, which is pretty far west on Lawrence. Never been, no idea what it's like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago