Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:15 AM

26 posts, read 30,401 times

Advertisements

I have no recollection of receiving an email with a user name and password. I search my hotmail account for the usual suspects....Ventra, Chicago Transit, Customer Service, etc. to no avail.

For those of you who did receive the email in advance of your cards, can you tell me the email address from which it came?

I'm typically pretty anal about these things but am scratching my head. Happy to know that I still have a bit of a reprieve by being able to use my CCP until mid-November but eventually I need to jump on board.

Thanks in advance for any info in helping me find the source of this email.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 08:14 AM

4,620 posts, read 8,116,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfed View Post
I have no recollection of receiving an email with a user name and password. I search my hotmail account for the usual suspects....Ventra, Chicago Transit, Customer Service, etc. to no avail.

For those of you who did receive the email in advance of your cards, can you tell me the email address from which it came?

I'm typically pretty anal about these things but am scratching my head. Happy to know that I still have a bit of a reprieve by being able to use my CCP until mid-November but eventually I need to jump on board.

Thanks in advance for any info in helping me find the source of this email.
system@chicago-card.com

Old 10-21-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Mine transferred within an hour or so. I haven't used it yet, though.
My ChicagoCardPlus account had three cards associated with it. I now have Ventra Cards for all three, and the two with balances now show a balance online. I haven't actually used them yet, but the card transition process went pretty smoothly for me. The balances showed up in under an hour in both cases.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:58 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,178,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
My ChicagoCardPlus account had three cards associated with it. I now have Ventra Cards for all three, and the two with balances now show a balance online. I haven't actually used them yet, but the card transition process went pretty smoothly for me. The balances showed up in under an hour in both cases.
What's the advantage/point in having multiple cards? Business travel record keeping for tax purposes?

Old 10-21-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Mine transferred within an hour or so. I haven't used it yet, though.
Used it for the first time yesterday. It worked fine. Now I just have to figure out how to make it auto-refill. I'm told there's some extra step you have to take on the Ventra website to get it to do that, rather than it just doing so automatically like the Chicago Card Plus did. Annoying.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:29 AM

732 posts, read 2,971,132 times
CTA Tattler has a post up about how to activate your Ventra card if you can't find your original email:

CTA Ventra card: How to activate without the email | CTA Tattler

Old 10-21-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
What's the advantage/point in having multiple cards? Business travel record keeping for tax purposes?
One for me, one for my bf, one for guests.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:12 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,291,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Another reason I will not link Ventra to my checking is I don't want a silly cancellation fee when I stop using CTA next year.
Say what? Is this true?? If this is true, it's ludicrous.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:51 PM

4,671 posts, read 7,345,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepreacherswife View Post
CTA Tattler has a post up about how to activate your Ventra card if you can't find your original email:

CTA Ventra card: How to activate without the email | CTA Tattler
This is the most useful piece of information with regards to Ventra I have seen in weeks!!

Old 10-22-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfed View Post
updates@ventrachicago.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago