Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:23 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,821,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
I'm talking to a CPD vet of 15 years right now in my house. He said that the city has budgeted 70 million for police overtime next year. I asked him why not hire more cops? Obvious answer.... City doesn't want to pay additional benefits. He says they are understaffed by a good 1200 cops.
I really think the government needs to do away with pensions. It's draining the taxpayers and in my experience most government workers don't deserve it. Ok not most, but a good chunk don't. Plenty, especially on the state level sit on their ass all day doing the bare minimum, and then we have to pay for their pension and work our asses off. Pensions might have worked in the past, but I really just don't think they are viable anymore. The only ones that I think deserve are those that risk their lives, ie Police, Firemen or Armed Services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 08:13 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I really think the government needs to do away with pensions. It's draining the taxpayers and in my experience most government workers don't deserve it. Ok not most, but a good chunk don't. Plenty, especially on the state level sit on their ass all day doing the bare minimum, and then we have to pay for their pension and work our asses off. Pensions might have worked in the past, but I really just don't think they are viable anymore. The only ones that I think deserve are those that risk their lives, ie Police, Firemen or Armed Services.
Iowa switched to 401K's about TWENTY YEARS AGO and everyone is getting along just fine. The government pitches in a matching % up to a certain point and then they're done. There's never going to be anything to "come back and haunt them". No union fusses except maybe if they want to increase the matching % which is much easier to handle than these absolutely STUPID defined benefit pensions. At least make it a defined contribution.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 653 times
I went to jail for possession in 2011 I moved to. FLORIDA cleaned up beat the case but I was illegally sstoped and searched basically for being white and a black neighborhood by a paddy wagon no less that was the main reason the judge through the case out on the preliminary hearing because there every day job is to transport prisoners not pullover cars I spent the night in 15,at 6 AM they took us to 26 Street and division five and take a man was beat by correctional officers for 30 minutes they put 75 of us in the corner and said we'd be right on the floor with them if we turned around his eyes were swollen shut I was granted house arrest but got lost in the system my family couldn't find me in the jail was on lockdown because a correction officer was caught sneaking in a gun to a family member there's a secret society in Chicago with the police that's why you don't see them on cops are many TV shows they are mostly criminals and they take guns from criminals and release them these are the guns they planted on the people who run from them I promise next time you hear a cop shot someone they say he was running from the police and turned around and aim the gun that's the gun they took from the gang member that they let go cops do this. At least once a week people don't believe it because nobody cares but the police have a code of silence they all support each other and they would never snitch each other out they are killers with badges so when they get shot it's payback for all the criminals they did wrong even criminals have rightsr who made them judge jury and executioner it's been since 2011 but I think it's due and as soon as I hear about it I will call the district and I will laugh at them because it sucks to lose somebody you love how do they like the pain

Old 05-20-2015, 09:50 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,102,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Roti View Post
I went to jail for possession in 2011 I moved to. FLORIDA cleaned up beat the case but I was illegally sstoped and searched basically for being white and a black neighborhood by a paddy wagon no less that was the main reason the judge through the case out on the preliminary hearing because there every day job is to transport prisoners not pullover cars I spent the night in 15,at 6 AM they took us to 26 Street and division five and take a man was beat by correctional officers for 30 minutes they put 75 of us in the corner and said we'd be right on the floor with them if we turned around his eyes were swollen shut I was granted house arrest but got lost in the system my family couldn't find me in the jail was on lockdown because a correction officer was caught sneaking in a gun to a family member there's a secret society in Chicago with the police that's why you don't see them on cops are many TV shows they are mostly criminals and they take guns from criminals and release them these are the guns they planted on the people who run from them I promise next time you hear a cop shot someone they say he was running from the police and turned around and aim the gun that's the gun they took from the gang member that they let go cops do this. At least once a week people don't believe it because nobody cares but the police have a code of silence they all support each other and they would never snitch each other out they are killers with badges so when they get shot it's payback for all the criminals they did wrong even criminals have rightsr who made them judge jury and executioner it's been since 2011 but I think it's due and as soon as I hear about it I will call the district and I will laugh at them because it sucks to lose somebody you love how do they like the pain
Right on.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:10 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,222,189 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't speak Spanish.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:40 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Quote:
Musta packed all your punctuation in a bowl and smoked it.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:11 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,907,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Musta packed all your punctuation in a bowl and smoked it.
By the time you finish, you need an oxygen tank.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:35 AM

575 posts, read 615,655 times
Quote:
Sounds like you're better off staying out of Illinois.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:58 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
Sounds like you're better off staying out of Illinois.
I imagine Illinois is better off too.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:36 PM

5 posts, read 3,923 times
It's getting better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago