Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 11:31 AM

415 posts, read 764,596 times

Advertisements

well the Father n prepper in me says, don't live in that death trap Chicago or down town,the further away the better ..

but for you trendy's that's just my midlife crisis talking, lol....

But could you Imagine something major going down in Da city,lol, Hell on earth comes to mind,, but what of many things could ever happen?? plus the Government has our back,lol

Ask a trendy or yuppie what is the New Madrid'' he most likely will answer, it's a band in Boys town,...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 12:14 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,575,060 times
da fuc?^

Old 11-08-2013, 12:21 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
da fuc?^
Yep.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:59 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
If you want to live farther out and like the downtown area, is it more the time you are concerned about? Or the general walkability/busyness of the area? A lot of the farther out brown orange and blue line neighborhoods are fairly sleepy w/ more mixed in single family homes. Where as the ones along the red line farther out are a bit more "urban" and active for the length of the line and even Evanston is busier than some, you can also "fast commute" from a Metra stop in RP or Evanston...

Old 11-08-2013, 05:00 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
^ I agree that the far out ones are, but there are pretty urban and not sleepy parts along the Blue Line (like Wicker Park and parts of Logan Square), and Brown Line parts of Lincoln Square and Albany Park aren't really quiet with street life.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
I personally would not like to take the L or subway that time of night. Its just too creepy and deserted down in the bowels of the earth (in the subway). You get some drunk or high or worse kind of person coming down the steps and lurking around you.

So I would take the bus. I think any bus line from downtown to other parts of the city are fine. If you go live in a place like Lincoln Park, Old Town, or Lakeview, I think you will be fine. I dont know about any area south, I've never lived south.. I know that the Green Line does not run at night past maybe 10:00 or so. I got stranded in Oak Park when i was out too late.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I personally would not like to take the L or subway that time of night. Its just too creepy and deserted down in the bowels of the earth (in the subway). You get some drunk or high or worse kind of person coming down the steps and lurking around you.
That depends on what line you're taking. In all my times of doing this, the Brown Line even after midnight is completely fine. I don't think I've even seen a shady person on that line ever.

Quote:
I know that the Green Line does not run at night past maybe 10:00 or so. I got stranded in Oak Park when i was out too late.
What are you talking about? The green line runs after midnight both ways. There's no CTA train line that stops running at or before 10pm. Even the Yellow Line runs until 11pm

CTA Green Line - Route Guide (Map, Alerts and Timetables)

Old 11-09-2013, 09:42 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
My husband works downtown. He works from 6 am to 2 pm most days. He usually drives since he gets to park for free in a parking garage next to work. It takes him about 15 minutes to get down town via LSD.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:48 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
^ I agree that the far out ones are, but there are pretty urban and not sleepy parts along the Blue Line (like Wicker Park and parts of Logan Square), and Brown Line parts of Lincoln Square and Albany Park aren't really quiet with street life.
I was thinking past Logan Square, and in general past around Irving Park on the Brown, but, in general a few exceptions. You can take the Red Line through Rogers Park which is quite a bit further out distance wise and still a bit more built up and dense.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
I was thinking past Logan Square, and in general past around Irving Park on the Brown, but, in general a few exceptions. You can take the Red Line through Rogers Park which is quite a bit further out distance wise and still a bit more built up and dense.
Yep. Actually Rogers Park is officially just as dense as the Near North Side. Edgewater is actually, officially, the densest community area of Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago