Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 08:24 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT445 View Post
I don't think you read his post at all.
I did. What's the confusion here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 08:28 PM

144 posts, read 146,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I did. What's the confusion here?

Maybe you are confused because he stated "anyone with the same attitude as the OP." That's not the same as stating "Original Poster."

He posted directly after my comment, and considering how sensitive and defensive some of you are I thought he could have been referencing me. He may or may not have been. I don't see the big issue.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:32 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Yeah... Get used to it especially since you probably have a pretty skewed idea of what qualifies as obese... Don't be a hater!

Old 11-17-2013, 11:13 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,315,809 times
Quote:
Maybe you are confused because he stated "anyone with the same attitude as the OP." That's not the same as stating "Original Poster."

He posted directly after my comment, and considering how sensitive and defensive some of you are I thought he could have been referencing me. He may or may not have been. I don't see the big issue.
So that we don't end up with pages and pages of this, just let me state for the record that my comment was not directed at you.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:38 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
So that we don't end up with pages and pages of this, just let me state for the record that my comment was not directed at you.
Much appreciated!

Old 11-18-2013, 07:13 AM

144 posts, read 146,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
hadn't planned on commenting anymore, but thanks for clearing that up

Old 11-18-2013, 07:15 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,037,668 times
Quote:
There is a weight issue with African Americans in Chicago for sure, especially among the AA women. AA's in Chicago should start leading a more active lifestyle. The flip side to this is, in Chicago (in the AA community) not everyone have a problem with full figured bodies.

Unfortunately, 'full figured' leads to a lot of other health problems. This is a medically proven fact.

I know, I know, there's plenty of overweight people here who will share their blood pressure number, cholesterol, etc just to prove that being overweight doesn't mean unhealthy, but speak to anyone in the medical profession, and they will tell you differently.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:40 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
Ironically, some of the fittest people get sudden heart attacks, like that one guy famous for running, he died of a heart attack some years ago.

Some people who take excellent care of themselves, manage to have health problems, etc. Meanwhile, some overweight people skate thru life with not much health problems. Go figure.. Must be DNA or something.

Take me for example, I hardly exercise, I could lose some weight, I take crap care of myself at times, and yet, I have pretty good health exam results. must be something in my DNA that compensates. it may catch up to me one day, however, I dont know how I'm escaping certain things.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:26 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,361,596 times
Default Um, NO !

If you want to be an idiot and ignore the obvious signs of heart disease then yeah, you can have a gripper and drop dead while out jogging -- What really killed fitness-God Jim Fixx? | Once Upon a Paradigm Jim Fixx, despite being an avid runner, clearly DID NOT "take excellent care of himself" because REFUSING TO SEE A DOCTOR is just flat out stupid ESPECIALLY when you are suffering from obvious signs of heart problems LIKE CHEST PAINS...

The fact is extensive studies that track people of every size / shape / background show that exercise is a very good thing healthfinder.gov - Fitness Linked to Lower Heart Attack Risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Ironically, some of the fittest people get sudden heart attacks, like that one guy famous for running, he died of a heart attack some years ago.

Some people who take excellent care of themselves, manage to have health problems, etc. Meanwhile, some overweight people skate thru life with not much health problems. Go figure.. Must be DNA or something.

Take me for example, I hardly exercise, I could lose some weight, I take crap care of myself at times, and yet, I have pretty good health exam results. must be something in my DNA that compensates. it may catch up to me one day, however, I dont know how I'm escaping certain things.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
My husband could definitely lose some weight. But his values are perfect. Low cholesterol, low blood pressure, lipids low, No signs of diabetes. His values are better than mine and I'm pretty fit..

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago