Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 04:16 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,207,673 times

Advertisements

And above all, please do observe restrictions on parking in private parking lots such as Jewel/Osco, Domenics, and others. You'll see their signs clearly posted as no parking after normal business hours or customer parking only! If you violate private parking rules, your vehicle will be towed, and it will cost you mucho dinero to get your car back.

Quote:
In addition to providing our clients with a free analysis of specific
parking lot violators, we also understand that as the seasons change
so do your parking problems and needs. Winter in Chicago creates
drastic parking issues. Special citywide occasions such as the
Air & Water Show, Taste of Chicago, Sporting Events, and
neighborhood fairs can create parking problems miles away from
where they are happening.
Lincoln Towing Service - 773-561-4433 or 773-237-0006

Quote:
Do not let illegally parked vehicles interfere with your business! Having
parking available for your customers is a key to success. Please call us
to discuss how we can help to secure your parking.
Lincoln Towing Service - 773-561-4433 or 773-237-0006

Steve Goodman : Lincoln Park Pirates (Live) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 06:46 PM

4,111 posts, read 9,015,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkdude View Post
Not sure if it was erogenous, but it was pretty egregious.
lol, wow..

Old 11-19-2013, 11:48 PM

11 posts, read 32,482 times
Don't be afraid of having a car in Chicago. It requires some planning and attention to detail, but in my experience, it's worth it.

I've lived in Chicago with a car and without a car.

I much prefer living in Chicago WITH a car.

My two cents.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:37 PM

241 posts, read 463,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastadaisy View Post
Don't be afraid of having a car in Chicago. It requires some planning and attention to detail, but in my experience, it's worth it.

I've lived in Chicago with a car and without a car.

I much prefer living in Chicago WITH a car.

My two cents.
Thank you for your reassurance. I will certainly have to come back on here when I'm ready to actually move (for the internship, I'll have to get short term housing maybe at the Art Institute, and wont need a car) to find a location that is a popular neighborhood, but still has an ok parking situation

Old 11-20-2013, 01:40 PM

14,802 posts, read 17,562,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scott View Post
Thank you for your reassurance. I will certainly have to come back on here when I'm ready to actually move (for the internship, I'll have to get short term housing maybe at the Art Institute, and wont need a car) to find a location that is a popular neighborhood, but still has an ok parking situation
I personally find car ownership annoying, but having kids gives me little choice.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I personally find car ownership annoying, but having kids gives me little choice.
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather just be able to not have to worrry about one at all. But that's not an option. Just wanted to make sure having one won't make it incredibly difficult to live in a good neighborhood or be so annoying its not even worth moving, something like that

Old 11-20-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather just be able to not have to worrry about one at all. But that's not an option. Just wanted to make sure having one won't make it incredibly difficult to live in a good neighborhood or be so annoying its not even worth moving, something like that
No, you'll be fine. Good luck!

Old 11-20-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
No, you'll be fine. Good luck!
Thanks! It'll be tough, the big move and all, but they say all the good stuff in life happens OUTSIDE your comfort zone, right?

Old 11-21-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Thanks! It'll be tough, the big move and all, but they say all the good stuff in life happens OUTSIDE your comfort zone, right?
Let us know how it goes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago