Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2007, 06:12 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,653,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliano View Post
I appreciate the ice breaking tips

I had moved before this summer, from a colder place sorry that's what I meant. Being in a hotter location, 60-70F never felt so cold, because I acclimatized to the heat.

One thing I love about winter - no pollen! For me I'd rather be freezing than have to feel miserably sick all the time with allergies.
You don't ever want to be in Atlanta in the spring time. The pollen here is horrible. It covers everything with the yellow-green powder and it clogs your AC and some car radiators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,093,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Even in March there were several days in the 50's, 60's and a few in the 70's.
Dont tell anyone that, they wont believe it.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I actually took part in a rallycross on the stamp sands in Gay, which is how I ended up at the Gay Bar in the first place (that's where event registration and after-event socialization took place).

Most of those places looked kind of defeated though -- Lake Linden, Hancock, especially Hubbell... looks like the decline of the copper industry hit these places pretty hard. It seemed that if it weren't for their proximity to Houghton and the economic stability of the university there, they'd be in even worse shape.

Pics of me ripping it up on the stamp sands in Gay and in the field behind the Lake Linden campground:

Ive never heard of a rallycross event in Gay, looks interesting. The first photo, is that stuff similar to beach sand? Id imagine that would be a nightmare to rally in.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,485,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Roll your eyes all youwant, I didnt say it doesnt snow in April, it did last year. Im saying, comparing December to April is stupid. I checked the temps for April on Wunderground and last year most days were in the 50s and 60s, with several in the 70s, some in the 30s and 40s.

I never compared April to December, what I did say was that it is still cold many times into April and yes every year we get at least one day where it snows in April, I never put an amount on it or what date in April it is still cold to, but every year yes it snows in April at least once and is many times the last snow of the season, and every year mostly towards the start of the month it is still only producing 35-50 degree highs under grey skies with winds howling off the lake so I would say that it is still cold and depressing???!!! Sorry but cloudy grey weather with winds ripping off the lake most days holding temps at best to 50 for a high is not exactly what I would call pleasureable especially for someone coming from FL as the person I was answering stated. Oh and you may want to study this first graph real hard.. You might actually learn something like by looking at December as you state and then April and seeing that according to the data recorded at O'Hare, at least 10 times in April temperatures were real close to those in December (within 10 degrees). http://home.att.net/~chicago_climo/CHI2007.gif Read it and weep.

Last edited by mdz; 12-06-2007 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: took out the retarded bits, the other guy shouldn't have said it either--I should have fixed it yesterday, sorry

Old 12-06-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
according to the data recorded at O'Hare, at least 10 times in April temperatures were real close to those in December (within 10 degrees). http://home.att.net/~chicago_climo/CHI2007.gif Read it and weep.
Im done arguing, but I must say WHO CARES that only a 1/4 of April came within 10 degrees of high December temps. Fact is, April is much warmer than December on average. End of story. Just please dont make it out to sound like winter continues through April, it doesnt. A small April flurry that melts in few hours with rebounding temps does NOT constitute the term winter to be used.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
I never compared April to December

Does this sound familiar??

"You're bi!(#in already??? LOL! Just wait, it gets worse. Oh it gets much worse partner. LMFAO! This is only December, wait until April and it is still like this"

Youre gonna have that poor girl thinking that April is in the 30s and snowy with temps in the single digits at night (like it was last night).

Old 12-06-2007, 11:08 AM

2,329 posts, read 6,604,001 times
what is it with you people and arguing weather

Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,036,129 times
You know, I've never understood it myself, but it seems like any innocent thread dealing with Chicago weather descends into silly arguments about minutia.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post
what is it with you people and arguing weather
Well, until people will quit misleading folks regarding the weather, there will be no need to set things straight.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:11 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,653,235 times
The weather in Chicago is terrible for 7 months a year. Those are the facts and they are not disputed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago