Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 02:04 PM

13 posts, read 18,101 times

Advertisements

Hey folks,

Looking for a move to Chicago in the next few weeks- any one have good recommendations on good realtors?

We're looking to rent either a studio or 1-bed in the Lakeview/Roscoe Village/Ravenswood areas with a budget of $1000 a month. Ideally want a rehab/modern build but not too picky.

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks!

J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 03:28 PM

255 posts, read 583,639 times
Might want to just research yourself.... Try domu.com. You're not going to find much in modern at that price range, but you might get lucky.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:30 PM

Yeah I found a few on hot pads.com, but nothing much else. Whats the average monthly rent for a 1-bed/studio in those areas, with modern/rehab appliances?

Old 05-15-2014, 03:53 PM

265 posts, read 404,879 times
The really good realtors really don't work in your price range, unfortunately. Doesn't mean there's not any new agents who are great at their job who would be happy to help. To be honest, though, I would check out craigslist, hot pads, etc yourself as you're most likely going to get better pricing there vs. the MLS in your price range.

Also for a modern, updated 1 bed in those areas, I would expect to pay closer to $1500/month, give or take...

Old 05-15-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson9 View Post
The really good realtors really don't work in your price range, unfortunately. Doesn't mean there's not any new agents who are great at their job who would be happy to help. To be honest, though, I would check out craigslist, hot pads, etc yourself as you're most likely going to get better pricing there vs. the MLS in your price range.

Also for a modern, updated 1 bed in those areas, I would expect to pay closer to $1500/month, give or take...
Ah OK thats a big help! Guess we didn't know what to expect budget-wise! Sorry, what does MLS stand for?

Old 05-15-2014, 04:01 PM

265 posts, read 404,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthworm_james View Post
Ah OK thats a big help! Guess we didn't know what to expect budget-wise! Sorry, what does MLS stand for?

Multiple Listing Service. It's what realtors use to list and search for properties for sale and rent.

Good luck on your search!

Old 05-15-2014, 05:42 PM

255 posts, read 583,639 times
I thought MLS was for selling properties only, not rentals?

Again, I'd check domu.com. It's what I use to advertise rentals, and it's a pretty thorough site. All of the independent landlords I know are using it. You could also go through a service like apartmentpeople.com.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:59 PM

89 posts, read 264,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I thought MLS was for selling properties only, not rentals?

Again, I'd check domu.com. It's what I use to advertise rentals, and it's a pretty thorough site. All of the independent landlords I know are using it. You could also go through a service like apartmentpeople.com.
MLS has rentals as well. Most high-end rentals will be listed in the MLS with a broker. It's very rare that rentals in the $1,000 range will be listed with an agent and in the MLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: