Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2014, 12:15 AM

29 posts, read 35,402 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Just wanted to ask couple questions from Russian speaking people who lives in Chicago.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 05:51 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Yes.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:03 PM

Добрый день. Я скоро собираюсь переехать в Чикаго и хотелось бы спросить пару вопросов. Как дешевле арендовать квартиру и т.д я недавно окончил университет в Индиане, хотелось бы найти работу где я мог бы использовать свой Русский язык. Реально ли это ?

Заранее спасибо.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:37 PM

590 posts, read 1,013,549 times
If you are looking for a job where you can speak your Russian language, this is not the best place to look. Do a search on several jobs offerings websites and see how many are asking for Russian speaking employees.
As for the apartment, "cheap" depends on whom you ask. It also depends on the areaa. If you are in downtown or some nice areas near the lake or Wicker Park the rent is going to be much higher than in many parts of South and West Chicago.

But there are many websites about Chicago that can give you that kind of information and give you an idea of the city and the neighborhoods. Then, you should come back here and ask more specific questions.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
If you are looking for a job where you can speak your Russian language, this is not the best place to look. Do a search on several jobs offerings websites and see how many are asking for Russian speaking employees.
As for the apartment, "cheap" depends on whom you ask. It also depends on the areaa. If you are in downtown or some nice areas near the lake or Wicker Park the rent is going to be much higher than in many parts of South and West Chicago.

But there are many websites about Chicago that can give you that kind of information and give you an idea of the city and the neighborhoods. Then, you should come back here and ask more specific questions.
Thanks for your response. I know there are a lot of websites. But I am sure what people say and what websites say is completely different. I just wanted find someone who could talk from their experience. And if I find someone who can speak Russian it would be easier to adopt new city.

No No I don't think I can afford Downtown (yet) but also really don't want South Chicago (heard a lot about it) somewhere North and not that expensive. And I don't look for a job here, I am just looking if Russian language can be helpful (as in NYC)

Old 07-20-2014, 02:26 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farky View Post
Thanks for your response. I know there are a lot of websites. But I am sure what people say and what websites say is completely different. I just wanted find someone who could talk from their experience. And if I find someone who can speak Russian it would be easier to adopt new city.

No No I don't think I can afford Downtown (yet) but also really don't want South Chicago (heard a lot about it) somewhere North and not that expensive. And I don't look for a job here, I am just looking if Russian language can be helpful (as in NYC)
I thought you said speak Russian, not type cyrillic. I almost never type in Russian.

Я в замешательстве. Почему предпочтение набрав кириллицу, если вы можете набрать по-английски? Чтобы ответить на ваши вопросы, хотя. Это действительно зависит, моя мама приехала в США из России, но никогда не использовал русский язык в любой работе, которую она когда-либо работал. Я только использовал русский язык с моей семьей и на поводу у некоторых магазинах. Это зависит от того, что вы хотите сделать.

Квартиры, дешево? Ну, что зависит от вашего определения дешево. Вам нужно будет около $ 1000 в месяц за аренду, но вы можете пройти с немного меньше. Вы не должны иметь автомобиль, хотя, который помогает.

Русский полезно, но, вероятно, не настолько, как испанский и даже испанский не требуется.

Middle Class lifestyle?
Is 23,000 par year a decent salary for Chicago?
Can I Live on $30,000?
is mid 30 salary range livable?
$40K and Chicago?
$40K-50K/yr salary working in the Loop - where to live?
Can $90k buy you a comfortable life in Chicago?

Old 07-21-2014, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I thought you said speak Russian, not type cyrillic. I almost never type in Russian.

Я в замешательстве. Почему предпочтение набрав кириллицу, если вы можете набрать по-английски? Чтобы ответить на ваши вопросы, хотя. Это действительно зависит, моя мама приехала в США из России, но никогда не использовал русский язык в любой работе, которую она когда-либо работал. Я только использовал русский язык с моей семьей и на поводу у некоторых магазинах. Это зависит от того, что вы хотите сделать.

Квартиры, дешево? Ну, что зависит от вашего определения дешево. Вам нужно будет около $ 1000 в месяц за аренду, но вы можете пройти с немного меньше. Вы не должны иметь автомобиль, хотя, который помогает.

Русский полезно, но, вероятно, не настолько, как испанский и даже испанский не требуется.

Middle Class lifestyle?
Is 23,000 par year a decent salary for Chicago?
Can I Live on $30,000?
is mid 30 salary range livable?
$40K and Chicago?
$40K-50K/yr salary working in the Loop - where to live?
Can $90k buy you a comfortable life in Chicago?
Спасибо за ответ.

I just graduated from college in Indiana with couple majors and hoping to make it in Chicago. Loved Chicago since day one and always wanted to live there. Again, I am being realistic and not trying to live on Lincoln Park or Gold Coast and I know how expensive it is. I just want to start with something and than grow etc. I just thought knowing Russian or Persian, can somehow help me in the beginning. To know right people etc.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:17 PM

522 posts, read 722,147 times
Я не знаю ни одной работы здесь, где можно заработать хорошие деньги говоря по-русски. Частные преподаватели, может быть, являются исключением.
Рент в самом Чикаго довольно дорогой, северные пригороды могут предоставить лучшие цены... Все зависит от того какие планы у человека.

That said, Russian community here can save quite a bit of $$ for someone of the right background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago