Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 08:34 AM

4 posts, read 3,094 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever live on this street? Seems quiet during day, worried of possible crime spill over from Halsted night life though. We'd be attached to the alley right West of Halsted and want to know if valid to have security concerns. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 08:35 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
If you're worried, don't bother. Find a different place.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:28 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
dont move there if you dont feel comfortable. oftentimes your gut feeling will tell you if its right for you or not. even if it were safe enough, you still ought to be able to enjoy your neighborhood without that bit of fear lurking in your mind. you wont enjoy the area. i dont know about that particular street, but i agree, you gotta go where you love it. thers plenty of other streets that are nicer and you wont feel it.

take lake shore drive and marine drive. Beautiful up and down it from downtown to Foster. While those streets are wonderful, a lot of times walk west a block or two and its terrible. I'm thinking more Marine Drive. so since some characters walk from that sketchy street west to my Marine drive apartment, i then bump into them. and then what if i want to go to the store and its a block or two west, now i have to deal with characters coming to and fro around me. they might not do me harm but do i want these characters in my environment? yeah i know, some people will think im being stuck up, but yet, REALITY AND COMFORT FOR ME are more important than being politically correct or whatever.. so since im the one paying the rent, i have the right to decide whether i feel comfortable or not. theres too many other wonderful places to live, why would i want to live in a place i have doubts about.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:42 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
It's fine, but between boystown and Wrigley it can get rowdy. There's a homeless youth outreach or something right there on addison that I hear gets neighbors fussy with groups hanging around and some troubles.

If you're not comfortable don't move there. Or at least be aware that it's very active at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: