Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 12:31 PM

15 posts, read 41,045 times

Advertisements

just received an interview and scheduled it!
does anyone have statistics on the number of people who apply? are interviewed? are accepted? anyone else also apply for TFA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,665 times
I haven't heard yet after applying on 03/02/09. Should I assume I didn't make it? Didn't I see something about hearing from them one way or the other?

Old 03-31-2009, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 8,665 times
Does anyone have any contact information for the Chicago Teaching Fellows program? Like I said, I haven't heard either way and would love to be able to confirm my suspicions that I was rejected... Thanks!

Old 03-31-2009, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 4,414 times
Anyone who has been through the interview process can let us know what kind of questions will they ask during the personal interview? Will they ask any specific questions pertaining to teaching skills or methods? Any other important information they may be looking for?

Also, during the group discussion, will it completely be centered around the article provided in the interview guide? Will also the writing sample question be based upon the article? Can anyone provide an example of a writing sample question?

Anything important an applicant should know or try to find an answer to before walking into the interview center?

Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 PM

7 posts, read 38,133 times
I applied and interviewed for the CTF program. Unfortunately, I was not invited to join. I have continued to study for the Elementary 110 exam, which is scheduled for April 25th. I am going to apply to a similar accelerated certification program with NTEC. Is anyone familiar with this program. I would appreciate any information from anyone who has gone through it. Thanks!

Old 04-08-2009, 08:41 PM

I apologize for the delay. I hope you have received good news! The number I have is (773) 553-4014. I went through the interview process and all that good stuff but was not invited to move forward with the program. I wish you success!

Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM

179 posts, read 675,639 times
During the interview, the asked questions regarding experience with "high needs" areas/children. Not so much about teachng methods. They really want to see if you have the passion and work ethic to work in a high needs school. I was not accepted, but have since been working on my Masters in Teaching at National-Louis. It is a great option if you are not accepted. I can give you more info if you want. Good Luck!

Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 AM

Since I ran into a wall (did not get into CTF), I submitted to NTEC, which is another alternative certificate program. I should hear back by the end of May. I feel like I am running out of options to get into a field I feel has a great need for teachers who care about students and are not just into it to get into a 'secure' position. I understand the economy is bad, but I hope those looking to make a career change are doing it for the right reason and that is to help our students. Has anyone been through NTEC? Please reply...

Old 05-12-2009, 03:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,197 times
Default Ntec

Hello,

I have applied to NTEC for the June 15th program start date. I am waiting to hear from them about acceptance. I know someone who started the program last summer and is finishing up his first year of teaching. He says it is a great program, I am looking forward to starting. I was not accepted into the CTF program either, even though I met all of the requirements. This program would be better for me, they have a cohort in my home town, verses going all the way to Chicago.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:47 AM

43 posts, read 153,432 times
Default Applying to more than one Teaching Fellows Program....

I was wondering those of you who are familiar with this program.... Is there somewhere written that you can only apply to one teaching fellows program? I am interested in applying this coming cycle and was looking into several of the cities where the programs are offered. I understand they are all high need schools, and was wondering if it's a good idea to apply to more than one in order to increase my chances of actually getting in. Does state residency play a factor into admissions? I know on the FAQ pages of the Teaching Fellow sites, it says you don't have to be a resident of the state to join, but I was wondering if it increases your chances if you are a resident?

Also... Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago