Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 03:49 PM

304 posts, read 364,548 times

Advertisements

What is the formal name of the neighborhood that houses the Pulaski & Madison intersection? That is North Lawndale? Or one of the Garfield Parks?

I used to be into heroine and used to go over there. Lol. Whatever the title of that hood is, might not have supporting data but it certainly is the most ghetto fabulous part of the city haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 06:31 PM

1,769 posts, read 2,105,917 times
West Garfield Park.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:13 PM

304 posts, read 364,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
West Garfield Park.
Thank you.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:51 AM

10 posts, read 11,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Almost nobody in this forum can distinguish to you a safe Black neighborhood from an unsafe Black neighborhood. So this question is itself moot.

Now, I'm personally a big fan of the bait and switch method. I believe there are a lot of criminals out there - you just need to give them the opportunity to.

When ass holes be out beggin for money, I useless mock the **** of them *so* they can put their hands on me. Why? Because that's probable cause.

It happened recently at night downtown when I was punched in the chin and it bleeded. Then he run off and I follow and make the 911 call. I lost him but found him 2 times later.

I found him standing outside the same 7-11 where we 1st met, where he soliciting for money. I later saw him follow a bigger Black guy, where the bigger Black guy shouted to him "Don't follow me!" And he back off.

I later saw him follow a White guy, but the White guy was pusy. The White guy ran off, and so he came back.

But guess what. None of them can make the 911 call because the crime hasn't happened yet. They'd have to claim an "attempted" crime - but yet I was the 1 with the evidence because I had a bloody chin.

And later, another Black guy complained and called 911 that he assaulted him. That he avoided an attack. Then I came in and said "Well he already punched me."

So when I get these solicitors usually by the 2nd or 3rd time, I say "shut up already" or even "shut the **** up already" depending on the situation. And then they get all big and threatening and I say "go ahead, go ahead." If they **** me off real good then I try to mock them by trying to imitate them "yo, can you help me out with a little 50 cent?"

As a kid, I grew up with White and Asian people, but ever since I moved into the Hispanic and Black neighborhoods, my life completely changed..

As for your question, about commuting to a Black neighborhood, 1st ask yourself - if your girlfriend saw you make that post, would you be ashamed?
Just checked back on this thread. I must say I am thoroughly confused. First off, I never said anything about it being a black neighborhood. I didn't even know that it was one when I made this post. Just curious about the safety of an area I'm unfamiliar with so thought I might get insights from people who are. I really have no idea why you're talking about homeless people punching you in the face. Also the thing about my girlfriend? I'm totally lost. Why would I be ashamed about inquiring how safe an area where I'm going to be is? Was this reply even meant for me? Lol I have no idea what's going on.

Also if anyone was wondering about the trip. I got off at Central Park because the guy that was interviewing me said it was a better walk to get off there. I walked down Ogden to a bit past Pulaski. It wasn't that bad really. Walked past one or two sketchy looking characters but they didn't even look twice at me. On the way back I was actually walking behind kind of a nerdy looking white guy that was going to the train too. Ended up not taking the job because the pay was meh and commute kinda long.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:48 AM

I'm just teaching you how to become a man, by providing my story where I get in fights with Black people. I seriously think these White threads on "I'm afraid to walk through a Black neighborhood" is pathetic. I used to live in a Black neighborhood myself for a year, so you see what point of view I'm coming from.

And if you ever read some articles on attracting women, 1 key factor is adaptbility - the ability to adapt to different environments. Good luck.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:08 PM

10 posts, read 11,939 times
As I just explained to you I didn't even know if it was a black neighborhood so.... I had little to no knowledge of the area. Is it too much to ask to know what to expect when going to a completely new area? I must not have been too afraid because I did do it. I grew up mostly in majority minority areas anyhow (East Beverly, Blue Island) so I'm not afraid of minorities like you're implying. Good for you, you lived in a black neighborhood for a year, no need to get all preachy just because someone asked about the relative safety of an area they know nothing about. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to fight the nearest black homeless person like you did to "become a man".

Old 10-07-2015, 04:10 AM

Yea, something is self-refuting in your argument. If you thought it was a HISPANIC neighborhood, that's even more self-defeating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago