Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 08:57 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,920,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Do White women actually dye their hair to be more blonde?
People in various countries always do random crap like this to be something they naturally aren't. People in India and China are obsessed with being white. You can actually buy skin whitening cream in those countries.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:11 AM

1,272 posts, read 2,182,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Very interesting.

I have a gay app (lmbo) that I would hardly get any hits on in Chicago. I actually forgot I had it. The moment I updated my gps in St. Louis, I've been getting hits left and right.

The women in St. Louis are more old fashioned looking than Chicago. However I could sit in a straight bar regardless of country western, jazz, blues, piano bar or what ever and women (regardless of race) will strike up a conversation with me. Chicago definitely has a different scene. Too many women are suspicious of men and their motives in Chicago.
Yeah, St. Louis has very friendly and attractive women, regardless of race. There are also a crapload of black professional women, that look good, and are just looking for a decent man. In many ways, St. Louis functions more like a Southern city with the black social scene, without the "new money" pretentiousness of Atlanta, Dallas, or DC. Not saying that there arent many pretentious blacks in St. Louis, because there definitely arr, but the Chicago scene is noticeably more stuck up, but that goes for all races. St. Louis people are just pretty, wholesome and friendly people, unless you run with the large criminal element here.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:39 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,056,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat314 View Post
Yeah, St. Louis has very friendly and attractive women, regardless of race. There are also a crapload of black professional women, that look good, and are just looking for a decent man. In many ways, St. Louis functions more like a Southern city with the black social scene, without the "new money" pretentiousness of Atlanta, Dallas, or DC. Not saying that there arent many pretentious blacks in St. Louis, because there definitely arr, but the Chicago scene is noticeably more stuck up, but that goes for all races. St. Louis people are just pretty, wholesome and friendly people, unless you run with the large criminal element here.
Chicago women are some of the most stuck up ever. Hard to even engage them in convo. Other cities have more friendly women (and people) in general. The whole "Midwest friendliness" thing seemed to skip over Chicago. Chicago functions more like a Northern city and less like a Midwestern city. What I mean by this is that the "gritty" and "tough" exterior in a person seems to get thicker there. I know it's both Northern and Midwestern but attitude-wise it's definitely more big city Northern than small town Midwest charm, I guess.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Chicago women are some of the most stuck up ever. Hard to even engage them in convo. Other cities have more friendly women (and people) in general. The whole "Midwest friendliness" thing seemed to skip over Chicago. Chicago functions more like a Northern city and less like a Midwestern city. What I mean by this is that the "gritty" and "tough" exterior in a person seems to get thicker there. I know it's both Northern and Midwestern but attitude-wise it's definitely more big city Northern than small town Midwest charm, I guess.
Yeah I agree. Actually I find a lot of women in the Midwest stuck up in general. it might not be a "I can't believe you don't have nice shoes on" thing in some states, but something is still there. There's probably a reason why I've only dated one woman, ever, who was originally from the Midwest (and still, her mom was from Mexico and her other side's grandparents were from Europe).

I still remember going to this place in the Caribbean a few years ago. Everyone was incredibly nice and open with conversation. Then I came back to Chicago and remember thinking how people were really stuck up in comparison, on average.

I actually remember about 4 years ago meeting this guy who had just moved to Chicago from Manhattan. He was telling me how he found so many women in Chicago robotic and how, at least downtown, they think they're all models walking down the runway and don't have time for any emotion except look forward and walk. I think he's kind of right about that.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:26 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,365 times
Quote:
Chicago women are some of the most stuck up ever. Hard to even engage them in convo.
Most people here know me as the guy who hands out pamphlets on atheism. Now I don't know what the difference between White and Hispanic women are, but in general, about 90% of the time, White women reject pamphlets, whereas 90% of time Hispanic women accept pamphlets. Say, on the public trains and streets. White women immediately say "no thank you" and walk off. I don't know if too many people here can tell the difference between Mexican and Puerto Rican women, but supposedly Puerto Rican women are even more talkative and approachable than Mexican women. I guess someone like Quigboto can comment on that.

Last edited by NealIRC; 06-09-2015 at 11:35 AM..

Old 06-09-2015, 11:45 AM

2,502 posts, read 4,435,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Eventually, when these topics are done, I'd like to talk about the 2 types of men: boobs and ass men.
Three types. You forgot about leg men...

Old 06-09-2015, 12:59 PM

410 posts, read 491,822 times
How on earth not being as open in conversation equates to being "stuck up"?

Old 06-09-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSunshineKid View Post
How on earth not being as open in conversation equates to being "stuck up"?
Okay not the best choice of words. I mean even just acknowledging someone or saying hi. I don't have a problem with it but in other areas of the world, people are more friendly about it and that includes big cities I've been to.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:31 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,418,501 times
Quote:
I agree with you on this. Even though NYC is supposed to be even worse in this regards, its greater level of ethnic diversity and global transplants counteracts it a bit. The ones with the attitude there tend to be JAPS (Jewish American Princesses), especially from the Ivy League schools. Not meant to be an ethnic slur or anything. Even my Jewish guy friends would agree with me on this. Chicago's uppity women tend to be WASP'ier and Big 10'ier than NYC.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:48 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,915,856 times
Quote:
Chicago is both Northern and Midwestern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago