Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 11:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,639 times

Advertisements

I live in Chicago and it IS NOT a place where you can find many beautiful women. A very high proportion are overweight or downright obese. Peter Griffin could not have said it better when, upon visiting the city, thought he was already the 4th most attractive woman in town. Comparing to other big cities (Milano, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires) I have visited, this place lags way behind. The main difference is that being overweight here is socially accepted, whereas in many other places it is frowned upon. You will not find "big" young girls in any reputable place in Rio, for example. At least Asian immigration is bringing the average weight down in this part of the world :-)

Old 05-30-2015, 09:08 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,289 times
In the trendy neighborhoods and in/near the loop, I think there are a ton of beautiful women. Out here in the fringes? Hell no. When I go to the Jewel out here, I'm astounded at how many dumpy, overweight people I see. It's a big change from the Andersonville Jewel.

Also, be thankful, in general. I spent about a week in Minneapolis/St.Paul, and found that while the twin cities are absolutely beautiful, the women are NOT. I've heard the term 'Minnesota Ugly' before and laughed it off, but there is definitely some truth to it.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:18 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,920,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
In the trendy neighborhoods and in/near the loop, I think there are a ton of beautiful women. Out here in the fringes? Hell no. When I go to the Jewel out here, I'm astounded at how many dumpy, overweight people I see. It's a big change from the Andersonville Jewel.

Also, be thankful, in general. I spent about a week in Minneapolis/St.Paul, and found that while the twin cities are absolutely beautiful, the women are NOT. I've heard the term 'Minnesota Ugly' before and laughed it off, but there is definitely some truth to it.
Very much agreed with this here.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:09 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollapalooza773 View Post
I agree, especially the Latinas in humboldt park
Damn, why are all the hot latina women from Humboldt Park and Little Village? And all into the criminal class.

Imo, where I find the hottest White women are Little Italy, particularly during the Italy fest on Taylor in August.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:22 AM

905 posts, read 790,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Very much agreed with this here.
The Twin Cities are banal much more so than beautiful. I didn't even notice the women there so I guess that says something.

Chicago has plenty of attractive women, but they are hardly the rule and I highly doubt it is anywhere.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:45 AM

^ Whoever was talking about beautiful women in some of the Hispanic neighborhoods - I have noticed that too. There's a restaurant I go to sometimes in the McKinley Park/Gage Park area and notice them there everytime. Last time I was walking around in Little Village on 26th - same thing.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:55 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,056,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
There's the competition factor, too. I don't think Chicago is exceptional, though if you're into conventional Western standards of beauty (blonde hair, Germanic heritage), then Chicago may seem like the jackpot.
Huh? Have you ever BEEN to Chicago? Whites aren't even a majority much less Nordic looking people.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao-Sait-tout View Post
I live in Chicago and it IS NOT a place where you can find many beautiful women. A very high proportion are overweight or downright obese. Peter Griffin could not have said it better when, upon visiting the city, thought he was already the 4th most attractive woman in town. Comparing to other big cities (Milano, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires) I have visited, this place lags way behind. The main difference is that being overweight here is socially accepted, whereas in many other places it is frowned upon. You will not find "big" young girls in any reputable place in Rio, for example. At least Asian immigration is bringing the average weight down in this part of the world :-)
This man knows what he's talking about.

Average Chicago woman is of a dark complexion and chubby.

You want better looking women, Illinois is NOT where to find them. I personally think if someone wants a "Germanic" looking modelesque woman, Grand Rapids is the place to go. Such thing is a rarity on our streets. If you think it is common, please post pics of streets full of these women. The Loop doesn't count because most people hanging there aren't even from the city.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Average Chicago woman is of a dark complexion and chubby.

You want better looking women, Illinois is NOT where to find them.
Depends where in Chicago - the trendy areas it's better. I've noticed in Wicker Park everytime I've gone out there how many beautiful women there are. But again but Midwest in general the women are chubbier on average for some reason. If you want a city where there's tons of beautiful women then go to NYC and it's not just in Manhattan. I was at a Mets game last weekend and couldn't believe how many beautiful women in their 20s there were there. Everyday I ride the train it's the same thing too - get off and just wait at Union Square for 15 minutes or something and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Depends where in Chicago - the trendy areas it's better. I've noticed in Wicker Park everytime I've gone out there how many beautiful women there are. But again but Midwest in general the women are chubbier on average for some reason. If you want a city where there's tons of beautiful women then go to NYC and it's not just in Manhattan. I was at a Mets game last weekend and couldn't believe how many beautiful women in their 20s there were there. Everyday I ride the train it's the same thing too - get off and just wait at Union Square for 15 minutes or something and you'll see what I'm talking about.
I used to agree about Wicker Park until I went to live in West Michigan, and later visiting the South. Really, Chicagoan women are not that hot. Neither proportionally nor aesthetically. I grew up in the city and lived all over the metro for 28 years. Go to the South and you will come back to Chicago and say "meh".

I'm not even gay but I honestly think the men in Chicago try harder than the women (and succeed). What I mean is that as a straight man, I was competing against many good looking straight guys for the same limited pool of attractive women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago