Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best Pizza Joint
Giordano's 22 28.21%
Beggar's 1 1.28%
Home Run Inn 7 8.97%
Gino's East 17 21.79%
Edwardo's 4 5.13%
Lou Malnati's 27 34.62%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:25 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times

Advertisements

Do you mean the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Co there on N Clark??? 2121 where they sell the pot pie pizza?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 01:11 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
OMFG. I just had Nancy's stuffed pizza for the first time this week. I think they may have de-throned Art of Pizza as my favorite purveyors of stuffed. I've been avoiding Nancy's for a while since the one near me is an absolute eyesore on the inside and they only take cash (which I very rarely carry). Well the other night they were the only ones near me that were open and made stuffed pizza (except Chicago's Pizza but I hate that place), and I happened to have some cash sitting in my pocket. Plus I couldn't ignore all the good reviews their stuffed pizza gets.

Lo and behold, their stuffed is TO DIE FOR. It's hugely thick and the sauce is very unique and just out of this world. A word of warning though, their sauce is unusually sweet and I can see why some pizza enthusiasts wouldn't care for it. While I prefer a more tart/acidic sauce on my thin crust, I prefer sweet sauce on a stuffed pie (hence my dislike for Giordano's stuffed -- too tart and acidic).

Art of Pizza will still get more of my business because a) they sell stuffed pizza by the slice, and b) they take plastic. But I'll have to make an effort to order from Nancy's whenever I need a whole pie.

Last edited by Drover; 03-13-2008 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: forgot somethin'

Old 03-13-2008, 09:04 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
OMFG. I just had Nancy's stuffed pizza for the first time this week. I think they may have de-throned Art of Pizza as my favorite purveyors of stuffed. I've been avoiding Nancy's for a while since the one near me is an absolute eyesore on the inside and they only take cash (which I very rarely carry). Well the other night they were the only ones near me that were open and made stuffed pizza (except Chicago's Pizza but I hate that place), and I happened to have some cash sitting in my pocket. Plus I couldn't ignore all the good reviews their stuffed pizza gets.

Lo and behold, their stuffed is TO DIE FOR. It's hugely thick and the sauce is very unique and just out of this world. A word of warning though, their sauce is unusually sweet and I can see why some pizza enthusiasts wouldn't care for it. While I prefer a more tart/acidic sauce on my thin crust, I prefer sweet sauce on a stuffed pie (hence my dislike for Giordano's stuffed -- too tart and acidic).

Art of Pizza will still get more of my business because a) they sell stuffed pizza by the slice, and b) they take plastic. But I'll have to make an effort to order from Nancy's whenever I need a whole pie.
Never had Nancy's either. Might have to find one and check it out, even though Im not a fan of sweet sauce. Sounds good.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:53 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Quote:

There used to be a Nancy's on Harlem Ave, just south of Irving....I mean YEARS ago...I always loved their stuffed pizza. I don't think the place is there anymore, but I'm glad to see they have survied elsewhere.
There was another joint, Vince's stuffed...pretty good.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:17 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,540,967 times
Quote:

I agree, Nancy's has the best stuffed pizza. Their sauce is MUCH better than Giordanos. It's the type of sauce that has chunks of real tomatos in it.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:11 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
There used to be a Nancy's on Harlem Ave, just south of Irving....I mean YEARS ago...I always loved their stuffed pizza. I don't think the place is there anymore, but I'm glad to see they have survied elsewhere.
Oh, they've survived all right. They have some 40 locations now, including 2 in Atlanta and one in North Carolina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Never had Nancy's either. Might have to find one and check it out, even though Im not a fan of sweet sauce. Sounds good.
I don't remember where exactly you're situated now, but there's one in Geneva, one in Wheaton, one in Naperville, one in South Elgin, and one in Streamwood.

To both: check out their list of locations here.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:36 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
I don't remember where exactly you're situated now, but there's one in Geneva, one in Wheaton, one in Naperville, one in South Elgin, and one in Streamwood.

To both: check out their list of locations here.
Thanks man. Im in Warrenville, right near Naperville. Sounds like Ill be hitting the Naperville one up this weekend if I can.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:41 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Man. That sounds really good.

I'll probably be eating dinner for one this particular evening, but you've got me revved up to do so at Art of Pizza. However, next time i'm in the mood for a whole stuffed pie, sounds like I've got a new place to try.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:57 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I think Vinces is still there. Was it near Diversey?

Old 03-14-2008, 07:38 AM

62 posts, read 201,350 times
Quote:
Ever get Chikago Pizza (not to be confused with Chicago's Pizza) up there?(6149 N Milwaukee Ave) It has been a couple years since I have had it, but it was very good for the few years I was eating it and they deliver really late.
I'll have to look into that...but of course, then I would be "cheating" on our regular place. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago