Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 09:28 AM

4,221 posts, read 4,745,158 times

Advertisements

Yeah I know there must be a ton of threads about food all over this forum.

But I desperately need to get outside of my box. I've been living here going on 2 years now and I miss the food in Atlanta so bad but I get so guilty missing it because I *know* Chicago has got some great places to eat. I've obviously not been going to them though because I can't name one 'favorite' restaurant I like here.

So toss out ONE place you'd say I 'have' to try. The food is just so good I would be crazy not to have been there by now. I like seafood, pasta, soul food, sushi, vegetarian. I don't eat pork or red meat. I love pizza but only thin slice (and I hated the Art of Pizza by the way). My hands down favorite meal is breakfast/brunch (French toast, pancakes, eggs benedict, mimosas, you name it...).

So far the only places I can think of I 'like' are Irazu and sometimes Café Babareeba...I often find myself drawing a blank when someone asks for restaurant suggestions so I obviously need to get out more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 09:37 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
For a great pasta try Riccardo Trattoria or Due Lire.

For a great brunch try M Henry.

For pizza go to Spacca Napoli.

For downright amazing food go to Longman & Eagle, Gather, Elizabeth, Goosefoot, Schwa, Osteria Langhe, Ceres Table, Girl & the Goat, Naha, Sepia, Avec.

There are more, these were the first that came to mind.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:39 AM

4,221 posts, read 4,745,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
For a great pasta try Riccardo Trattoria or Due Lire.

For a great brunch try M Henry.

For pizza go to Spacca Napoli.

For downright amazing food go to Longman & Eagle, Gather, Elizabeth, Goosefoot, Schwa, Osteria Langhe, Ceres Table, Girl & the Goat, Naha, Sepia, Avec.

There are more, these were the first that came to mind.

Good God, I can't believe I haven't been to any of these places and have only heard of M Henry, Longman & Eagle and Girl & the Goat.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:00 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
Good food is easy to find anywhere in Chicago. Just go out and eat. One thing I miss about Chicago is the food. I thought the food in Atlanta was pretty nasty, honestly. And the Chinese in Atlanta is just plain disgusting. As far as pizza, I really liked Felini's. Still, it doesn't taste as good as Chicago deep dish. I also have had better soul food in Chicago than in Atlanta. For a lack of a better description, the soul food in Atlanta tasted watered down to me. I don't eat soul food anymore, but I personally think the soul food in Chicago is better.

There's so much food you have access to there in Chicago. It won't be hard to find stuff you like.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:00 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Also, I prefer Cafe Iberico to Babareeba for tapas.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:01 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Ed Debevics (I'm sure I have spelled it wrong).

I believe there are still a few Schlotsky's Deli in the area as well, excellent salads and sandwiches when I was able to get them in the past.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:07 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,989,184 times
I like M Henry for brunch and that's sorta up your way, you're in Rogers Park, right? My sister has mentioned The Bongo Room. I also like Twisted Tapas in Rogers Park.

Also check out LTH forum: http://www.lthforum.com/bb/index.php

Old 10-17-2014, 10:18 AM

168 posts, read 198,937 times
They are more like take out places but I always eat at Sultan's Market and Upton Natural's Breakroom. The only place I liked in Atlanta was Eats.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:24 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,989,780 times
I loved Toast for breakfast.

I agree that Cafe Iberico is better than Babareeba for tapas.

For Italian my friends love Rose Anglies and I liked Lucia's since it's BYOB. For burgers (well, shakes, really) have you tried Choppers?

I swear, there are so many more restaurants I would frequent when we lived in the city, but I'm really drawing a blank right now...

Old 10-17-2014, 10:51 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
25 Degrees and Italian Village!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago