Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 09:28 AM

33 posts, read 28,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DAC1985 View Post
Welcome to America. Specifically Chicago. Sarcasm runs strong.

People use the word "hard" to describe things in America. People do not use the word "pink" to describe things in America. The exception being things that are literally pink in color.

OP didn't ask if it was "yellow or pink" or any other combination of colors. She used one correct adjective, and one incorrect adjective (apparently).

In my opinion it's better to get some ribbing on an anonymous forum for doing/saying something out of the norm in that country, than to do it in real life and receive real life consequences for that action.

Rude Hand Gestures from Around the World | Visual.ly

Do you, or would you wear a hoodie? What about a bunny hug?
Do you use elevators, or lifts?
Are you a guy, or a bloke?

why do you make it so complicated? pink was a way of saing good,well or how many adjectives do you want!hard was ment to be hard to live,to pay your rent,your water bill ,to buy food and clothes,because in romania most of do live hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 09:35 AM

2,474 posts, read 4,165,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma emma View Post
why do you make it so complicated? pink was a way of saing good,well or how many adjectives do you want!hard was ment to be hard to live,to pay your rent,your water bill ,to buy food and clothes,because in romania most of do live hard.
There's a lot of people living in or near poverty in Chicago , life is very hard for many. There's also many people making very good incomes or were born wealthy, for them life is "pink". I think it depends on your education and your family/background. There's 3 million people and a variety of circumstances .

Old 11-04-2014, 11:46 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Pink is a color. I never heard anyone use it in the context you used it in.

I think the fact that English is not your first language makes your posts somewhat confusing. Aside from that you are asking what I would consider to be unusual questions in terms of a city you want to move to. I don't think others are the ones making things complicated.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:34 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,869,988 times
Quote:
why do you make it so complicated?

Avril Lavigne - Complicated (Official Video) - YouTube

Quote:
pink was a way of saing good,well or how many adjectives do you want!hard was ment to be hard to live,to pay your rent,your water bill ,to buy food and clothes,because in romania most of do live hard.
And if you live in Chicago, or any place in America, no one calls anything pink when they mean "easy".

Do your self a favor, and never go up to a man or woman and tell them, "Your job looks very pink." I warned you, can't say that I didn't.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:35 PM

591 posts, read 781,729 times
Wow big surprise people use different terms in different countries! is it that hard to deduct what she was trying to say? give her a break people jeez!

Old 11-04-2014, 05:45 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownWonder View Post
Wow big surprise people use different terms in different countries! is it that hard to deduct what she was trying to say? give her a break people jeez!
Seriously! It wasn't that difficult to understand what she meant.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:53 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Where do you come up with these posts? Just curious. You seem to have a lot of daily posts about completely random things.
That's what I'm wondering. I don't mean to be rude. English is my second language as well.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:40 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,869,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Seriously! It wasn't that difficult to understand what she meant.
If she wants to be an American, and is trying out English on this forum ( ), then should we not correct her when she's doing it wrong, even if we understand it?

I wouldn't move to Romania, learn the language, and then use American phrases that hold no cultural value in Romania, only to be upset that Romanian's don't "get" what I'm saying.

In English: "Hey, that sweet ride is pretty wicked."
translated to
Romanian: "Hei, plimbare dulce este destul de rău ."
translated back to
English: "Hey, sweet ride is pretty bad."

Old 11-05-2014, 12:47 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,077 times
I think it is just a weird "Borat humor" troll.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:24 AM

33 posts, read 28,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Where do you come up with these posts? Just curious. You seem to have a lot of daily posts about completely random things.
i just try to get some answers about some things that in romania are verry important,but every body are not understanding and not welcome my questions and criticies all i am askink.i came up with these from my day to day life and my mind and i don t have anyone to understand me,i had the impresione here i will find someone to talk to,it is ok.i will no longer write anything.i hd since i was a child a hobby for all it means america, i learnd english ,as much as i know, by myself,and i have friends who moved there in chicago one,one in new jersey and one in jacksonville florida.that s all foks,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: