Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:30 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
You obviously don't know what you are writing about.

95% of Blacks voted Democrat because the Republicans didn't offer a qualified candidate.

HAHA Are you kidding me?

Obama was elected because it was going to the first black president to win the election as president. Some of the old folks who lived thru the 1940's Jim Crow were crying that they could witness a historical event.. (probably gave them some satisfaction that with all they went thru, finally they got someone to make up for all the unjustness that happened to them. so I can see their point.

Also others wanted this to happen too that were not black.

other blacks voted because its tradition to vote democratic, period. Not because anyone was qualified but that's what they do.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:39 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitgirl View Post
The STORE OWNER has said that he's not sure that was Michael Brown on the store recording.
Oh FFS. Even the Brown family's attorney admitted it was him on the tape.

At this point, questioning basic facts such as whether it's him on the surveillance tape serves as a litmus test for whether someone values truth versus believing what they want to believe regardless of which direction the facts and evidence point.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:23 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
HAHA Are you kidding me?

Obama was elected because it was going to the first black president to win the election as president. Some of the old folks who lived thru the 1940's Jim Crow were crying that they could witness a historical event.. (probably gave them some satisfaction that with all they went thru, finally they got someone to make up for all the unjustness that happened to them. so I can see their point.

Also others wanted this to happen too that were not black.

other blacks voted because its tradition to vote democratic, period. Not because anyone was qualified but that's what they do.
Why did Whites vote for McCain and Mittens?

Old 12-02-2014, 12:36 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,364 times
Quote:
Many whites are so racist that they would rather vote for a white dude from a religion that they were calling an evil cult 30 years ago than cast a vote for a black man. A guy who implemented all of Obama's policies in MA when he was the governor. The funny thing is that if Obama was old and white and republican and did exactly everything the same, except maybe call the ACA "PatriotCare" he'd be hailed by the right as the greatest republican president since Ronald Reagan.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:59 PM

2,504 posts, read 3,377,650 times
And a congressional district in Utah, a state that is nearly 90% white and only 2% black just elected a black woman to be their representative. Show me anywhere in the country where a 90% black district elects a white person.

generations ago, blacks chose political power as the road to success (with government spoils) somewhat understandably. Compare that to Asian-Americans, who have more or less solely focused on academic and private sector business success.

Which community is doing better?

And just a note...Obama is half-white, never had any black A,erican ancestor, was raised by his white family in the very non-black state of Hawaii. He chose to highlight his blackness cause he realized it was a benefit. Wonder why he married Michelle? Cause he understood that if he married a white woman, which he certainly could have chosen, he would neve have been able to use the black political establishment to get ahead. yes, I am that cynical . But boy did he use the South Side well.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:06 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,072 times
One thing about racism is that racists always seem to find racism.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:11 PM

2,504 posts, read 3,377,650 times

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AdSYhwLENvM

Old 12-02-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh FFS. Even the Brown family's attorney admitted it was him on the tape.

At this point, questioning basic facts such as whether it's him on the surveillance tape serves as a litmus test for whether someone values truth versus believing what they want to believe regardless of which direction the facts and evidence point.
He is probably scared to tell.. prolly some of the bad guys warned him about the "snitches get stitches" policy.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
That's not the point. I voted for the one who would do a better job, and I was right! look at the job this guy Obama is doing - CRAP!

Believe me, what I said was TRUE TRUE TRUE.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:44 PM

867 posts, read 1,372,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
And a congressional district in Utah, a state that is nearly 90% white and only 2% black just elected a black woman to be their representative. Show me anywhere in the country where a 90% black district elects a white person.

generations ago, blacks chose political power as the road to success (with government spoils) somewhat understandably. Compare that to Asian-Americans, who have more or less solely focused on academic and private sector business success.

Which community is doing better?

And just a note...Obama is half-white, never had any black A,erican ancestor, was raised by his white family in the very non-black state of Hawaii. He chose to highlight his blackness cause he realized it was a benefit. Wonder why he married Michelle? Cause he understood that if he married a white woman, which he certainly could have chosen, he would neve have been able to use the black political establishment to get ahead. yes, I am that cynical . But boy did he use the South Side well.

Where has a white person tried to run in a majority black area? Utah??? Really???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago