Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 11:33 AM

44 posts, read 66,993 times

Advertisements

im just gonna basically paste this from my yahoo question.

i got a speeding ticket in my neighborhood, and am on final determination because i never responded to the first two tickets. but i never got the first two tickets. i think they made a mistake and never sent them. i got a warning when i sped in august. this ticket is from october, and am getting a final notice in january. since i got my warning, i do not speed, so for me to have sped in october is hard enough for me to believe. they have provided no proof, and now they claim i have no recourse because i ignored the other two citations they mailed out, my ticket has doubled. goodness i hate chicago, this city is killing my spirit. who can i contact about fighting this? im calling to speak to a manager on monday, i will email my alderman, but i think they need to start sending certified letters, because i think THEY THINK they mailed me something, but i got nothing. its hard to believe i wouldnt get, or would even ignore, two letters from chicago parking. usps is pretty efficient. who else can i contact? senate? mayor? who? i am so annoyed. thanks for the help

so basically, how can i fight this, who can i get to help me fight this? and who do i contact about them sending out certified letters over tickets, or having a better notification system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 12:08 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,326,011 times
Your spirit will continue to die.

There is no hope of fighting a speeding a ticket if you do not respond to the initial notification.

Pay it before the fines increase.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:37 PM

the fine already increased. doubled from $100

i would def have responded, if i got it. i've gotten many tickets since i started driving, i've ALWAYS paid them on time, i've always received a notice, except this time

im getting out of this city as soon as possible, its been my plan for years, but since 2012, i've been working towards it. i need to get off my ass

Old 01-03-2015, 12:41 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,326,011 times
The info from the website is pretty clear, you are out of options. I doubt President Obama himself would be able to intervene for the Secret Service if the motorcade got red light violations -- City of Chicago :: Automated Speed Enforcement Frequently Asked Questions

Old 01-03-2015, 01:18 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,035,636 times
Pay up. The city needs the money.

There's no winning a parking ticket or tow dispute. Even if you are completely 100% innocent, you will pay no matter what.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:22 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,903,789 times
Good luck fighting it.....

Old 01-03-2015, 03:39 PM

i cant just bend over and let this happen. i see this city crushes a lot of people and have them feeling hopeless so they become inactive. i wish i could get better answers, but thanks guys, i need all the luck i can get

Old 01-04-2015, 10:06 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,419,126 times
You are confusing Chicago with normal US city where you have due process. You are guilty even if proven innocent. It reminds me of the Cardassian system from Star Trek.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:42 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,068,891 times
This is your third speeding ticket!?

1) Dude. Id prefer you weren't driving
2) No where did you say you didn't do it. So why fight something when you are wrong. The result will be the same

Old 01-04-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
This is your third speeding ticket!?

1) Dude. Id prefer you weren't driving
2) No where did you say you didn't do it. So why fight something when you are wrong. The result will be the same

reading is fundamental.

my first "ticket" was a warning. this is my first ticket, i said they claim they mailed out the first two that i never got. mailed out first two meaning the fine, not two other different tickets

me getting a warning should have been indication enough that i wouldnt speed (or at least speed in that area since then) and didnt speed when they claim i did. especially almost 3 months later. a week later and i sped, i'd believe it, but 3 months when i know where all the speed cameras are? but i know not others are as smart as me (case in point) as you think i'd continue speeding when there are cameras around and i already got my warning

on top of that, the first warning was for going 6-10 miles over the limit. then 3 months later, when im on my way home from work, not rushing to go anywhere, i drove 11+ miles over? negative. shenanigans. rabble rabble rabble. all that

edit-
as a matter of fact, i did say i do not speed since i got my warning. do you just skim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago