Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:56 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,832,743 times

Advertisements

If I could afford a place in Lakeshore East I would most certainly live there. I live in Lakeview East right now and would jump on the chance to trade my condo for one in LSE. The only downsides would be availability of free parking and availability of bars/restaurants. However it would be SUPER close to work since I work in the loop and considering I commute it 5 days a week pretty much, I would be okay having to take a cab on the weekends to go party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 09:52 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,866,720 times
I agree with all these comments. The more I think about it, LSE is probably a good fit for a lot of people depending on their lifestyle. I personally like the more "neighborhoody" and less touristy neighborhoods of Chicago, but I can see how LSE can be good for a lot of people. Also, a lot of people, myself included, are a fan of modern construction (at least in the interior). So that would be no concern in LSE, and you have all the nice building amenities, which can be very convenient in the winter.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:07 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Not close to public transportation. Not close to much retail or bars. Run down and older high rises. No parking. People who don't know much get excited about it because it is close to the lakefront.
no, theres parking. all the buildings have parking, some of them park at the Hyatt on Wacker and some have parking on lower Wacker Dr.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:48 PM

498 posts, read 724,278 times
I don't even fully understand the transit comments. If you live in Aqua it's 0.4 miles from the G/B/Pi/Pu/O lines and 0.5 miles from the Red line (which can also be accessed directly from the pedway). Yeah, if you live further out then it can be more like 0.7 miles, but is that really so terrible? I live in east Lincoln Park and i Have to walk 0.7 miles to get to the red line. People who live right on the park often have to go a full mile or more. For people in Lakeview east, it's the same story. Sure, there's more bus lines, but access to many things will be more difficult. What if I want to go to Midway? I have to go down to the loop and transfer to the orange line. LSE residents can just get on the orange line. If I want to go to O'Hare, I have to do a bus to train transfer. LSE residents can just get on the blue line. What if I want to go to Wicker Park? I have to do a bus to bus transfer. LSE residents can just get on the blue line. Not to mention access to the Metra being way more convenient.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather live in a place that is more neighborhoody, but I don't see transit as the major LSE problem. They're not right on top of transit, but many residents are an 8-10 minute walk away from the center of the city's transit system.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:59 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,478,550 times
OP, I think it's a nice area. I've talked to some people that live there and they seem to like it... In case you haven't seen this > https://www.facebook.com/LakeshoreEast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago