Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 08:49 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,021,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You should learn the meaning of "sexist" and "racist" before throwing them around. If that was your attempt to insult/anger me, you failed.
Did you ever see that movie "Diary of an angry black woman"? Was that based on your life?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:51 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,021,137 times
Quote:
If they cheated, why wasn't this an issue a year ago? Two years ago?? If I am not mistaken, this team was honored by Pat Quinn before they were US champs. So why wasn't it a problem then?

Let's face it. Some people hate to see blacks succeed, even when those blacks are children.

Again, I know you're trolling because you're getting the responses you're looking for, but if you don't get it, you never will. Thanks for playing though.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:56 AM

15,331 posts, read 23,824,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Seriously? Then why have boundaries at all? Why not just let every team recruit from as far away as they wish? Why stop at 2 miles, let's extend the cheating zone to 200 miles and really build a powerhouse.

If you're an adult and you have children, I hope you're not teaching them how to take shortcuts in life.
Thanks for misinterpreting my question. i grew up playing traveling Baseball through High School at a very competitive level. I remember having friends who lived less than 2 miles from me who couldn't be on my team because of this and to me it was BS because it was such a short distance. I'm not talking about poaching talent from a 50 mile radius. That is MUCH different. I'm talking about a matter of 1-2 miles - a 5 minute bike ride away - not from a completely different area. Yes, that creates a huge disadvantage.

Also, just because I think a rule is BS doesn't mean I'm going to break it. You have to be ****ing kidding me - I understand why the rule is in place for larger radii, but if it's a matter of just a mile or two, then it's crap. Yes, if you're in Chicago and getting guys from Champaign to play for you then you're completely creating a disadvantage and you should be punished for it absolutely.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:16 AM

16,157 posts, read 10,303,692 times
Quote:
If they cheated, why wasn't this an issue a year ago? Two years ago?? If I am not mistaken, this team was honored by Pat Quinn before they were US champs. So why wasn't it a problem then?

Let's face it. Some people hate to see blacks succeed, even when those blacks are children.
I'm pretty sure you are totally unfamiliar with the story and it would really help if you knew what the Hell you were talking about. Here is what happened: At this year's LL World Series a parent of one of the teams was speaking to parents of the Chicago team. It was in this conversation that the Chicago parents said they did not live in the city. Immediately there was evidence and a reason to investigate a rule violation. There was no evidence a year ago, two years ago, or for the the other teams. So therefore there was no reason to investigate before the evidence surfaced.

Regarding your last sentence again it is very offensive for you to claim that others are motivated only by a want to stop blacks from succeeding. You have no evidence of this, you just pl;ay this race card as you continue to defend cheaters. No chance what so ever that those investigating think it was wrong to cheat the children of the other teams? No chance that many feel it is wrong to deny other children of a once in a lifetime opportunity to play in the LL World Series? No chance at all huh? Nope the motivation here was not right or wrong, it was just a chance to put a bunch of AAs, you know just for sport. You are a racist for believing this. End of story.

While you offer your pity for the kids of the cheating team how about acknowledging that the Nevada kids, and all the other kids whose team was beaten by this cheating team, got screwed. Are you even capable of acknowledging this? Or are they the wrong color for you?

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 02-17-2015 at 09:31 AM..

Old 02-17-2015, 09:20 AM

16,157 posts, read 10,303,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Thanks for misinterpreting my question. i grew up playing traveling Baseball through High School at a very competitive level. I remember having friends who lived less than 2 miles from me who couldn't be on my team because of this and to me it was BS because it was such a short distance. I'm not talking about poaching talent from a 50 mile radius. That is MUCH different. I'm talking about a matter of 1-2 miles - a 5 minute bike ride away - not from a completely different area. Yes, that creates a huge disadvantage.

Also, just because I think a rule is BS doesn't mean I'm going to break it. You have to be ****ing kidding me - I understand why the rule is in place for larger radii, but if it's a matter of just a mile or two, then it's crap. Yes, if you're in Chicago and getting guys from Champaign to play for you then you're completely creating a disadvantage and you should be punished for it absolutely.
What is the use of a rule if you are going to arbitrarily decide when the distance is fair or unfair? Do you have any idea what a can of worms you are opening with your suggestion? So 2 miles is BS but 3.1 miles is a violation? Or maybe it's not 3.1 miles but maybe 7? 10? Or whatever number you can pull out of your ass arbitrarily? You have got to me kidding me. The only fair thing is to enforce the rules evenly for everyone.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:37 AM

17,126 posts, read 14,428,839 times
Quote:

Homewood & Lynwood are two miles away from Roseland?

Uh, nope.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:41 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,905,834 times
Quote:

You actually don't get how "a mile or two" can make a substantial difference when leagues are drawn up in a very densely populated location like Chicago? Please tell me you really do understand this stuff and that you're just playing dumb for your own amusement. There's a reason why Congressional districts are huge downstate and tiny in Chicago...

Old 02-17-2015, 09:44 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,444,230 times
As I said before, where was this outcry in 2013? The team didn't advance far enough for people to care, you say? Oh.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:47 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,444,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
While you offer your pity for the kids of the cheating team how about acknowledging that the Nevada kids, and all the other kids whose team was beaten by this cheating team, got screwed. Are you even capable of acknowledging this? Or are they the wrong color for you?
They should have played better ball. If they had, none of this would even be an issue.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:49 AM

15,331 posts, read 23,824,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You actually don't get how "a mile or two" can make a substantial difference when leagues are drawn up in a very densely populated location like Chicago? Please tell me you really do understand this stuff and that you're just playing dumb for your own amusement. There's a reason why Congressional districts are huge downstate and tiny in Chicago...
No, I see the point - and I wasn't necessarily making a point about JRW but in general if it's 1 mile to me that's eh. However, it's a very good point that it's a "can of worms" and you do need set rules or else there would be none. I grew up in a less densely populated place than Chicago, so to me my friend living 1 mile away not being able to be on my team to me was a little different. I see the point a little clearer now for even 1 mile (I already saw it for larger distances - that one is obvious).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago