Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 11:23 AM

736 posts, read 1,690,320 times

Advertisements

Dumb question, but will the Sporting Goods Departments in these Chicago Walmarts have guns and ammo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 12:26 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,474,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3divina View Post
Dumb question, but will the Sporting Goods Departments in these Chicago Walmarts have guns and ammo?
The city does not allow the sale of either inside city limits. I wonder if the Walmart on Touhy in Niles right across from the city sells either though. To be honest I never looked, but I do not know Niles guns and ammo laws.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:32 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,838,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The funny thing is, I didn't actually mention Walmart. Nor was I talking about Walmart. Even Walmart has yet to achieve that degree of market penetration. I was talking about A&P.

What's A&P's market share looking like these days?
You didn't actually specify who you were talking about, but either way, the point is that Walmart actually contracts directly with Chinese industrial tycoons to make goods/set prices. Doing so means IMO they aren't simply a retailer.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
P.S. I'm surprised you think that somehow they'd be broken up by now if not for Reagan and SCOTUS appointees? Surely you are aware of Hillary's DEEP involvement in the company or is this just a political stab? All major US companies aren't dumb enough to side with a single party...just look whom BP gave campaign monies too.
Reagan started the fire in terms of gutting enforcement, but every president since is culpable, most definitely including NAFTA/globalization brainiac Bill Clinton & to a lesser extent Hillary.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:01 PM

77,859 posts, read 60,016,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
Reagan started the fire in terms of gutting enforcement, but every president since is culpable, most definitely including NAFTA/globalization brainiac Bill Clinton & to a lesser extent Hillary.
Yes, all politicians. I single out Hillary because she actually was a board member of Walmart. This came up in the Dem primaries where they were debating about healthcare for the masses and were talking about how walmart doesn't offer healthcare (much) and she was on the board yada yada yada.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:46 PM

2,299 posts, read 6,158,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
So is Target converting some regular Targets to Super Targets then? Or are they just sort of adding on some additional items to their erstwhile half-ass grocery selection in their regular stores?
Actually, the grocery selection is pretty good. If I'm just looking for package goods, I can find almost everything thing I need at a regular Target. Sure, I can only choose from 50 kinds of cereal, as opposed to 200 at Jewel or a Super Target, but it is cheap and convenient. Their latest concept is to add fresh grocery to many of their stores. It's not a full line grocery (aka Super Target), but a limited range of fresh produce, meat and bakery.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:05 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,411,419 times
pretty good? I guess different strokes for differnet folks... blah, for the most part the majority of the food items at target/walmart are unacceptable. fruits and vegetables are sub par, as are the meats seafood and dairy, which those make up the majority of my diet . I guess you could get canned beans/pasta/spices/ or something but that is about it.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:16 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,709,926 times
If you've seen the SuperWalmarts of southern states you'll see great groceries of everything in the store - fruits, veggies, bakeries, frozen food, etc... The SuperWalmarts of Houston were great shopping.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:40 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,333,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
If you've seen the SuperWalmarts of southern states you'll see great groceries of everything in the store - fruits, veggies, bakeries, frozen food, etc... The SuperWalmarts of Houston were great shopping.
That's the difference between regular WalMarts and Super WalMarts. Not the difference between north and south.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
pretty good? I guess different strokes for differnet folks... blah, for the most part the majority of the food items at target/walmart are unacceptable. fruits and vegetables are sub par, as are the meats seafood and dairy, which those make up the majority of my diet . I guess you could get canned beans/pasta/spices/ or something but that is about it.
yep - the Target in Avondale has a massive selection of heavily processed foodstuffs, and lots of frozen dishes that enough sodium to kill a horse.

we do still go there from time to time (ya gotta pick your battles with the spouse), they do at least have an ok selection of organics & fair trade coffee via their Archer brand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago