Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:16 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
I've just never understood the name Tampa Bay Bucs. Tampa is a city in Florida. Why aren't they called the Tampa Bucs instead of including their Bay. Green Bay, for example is the name of the city. Tampa Bay is the only team not named after a city.
Ive wondered that before, too. Maybe the real team name is the Bay Buccaneers? LOL

Reminds me of a joke... a little boy, dressed as a pirate for Halloween knocks on a door. A man answers the door and the little pirate says "trick or treat!" The man says "what are you dressed as"? The boy responds "Im a pirate!" The man asks "if youre a pirate, where are your buccaneers?" The boy stands there for a second and says "theyre under my buckin' hat!"

Sorry, bad joke, I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 04:39 AM

10 posts, read 37,005 times
I,m talking PATS all the way.YEAH Yeah.I am a bear fan ,but if there not in it for the Bowl why not cheer for the team that really deserves to win, GO NEW ENGLAND

Old 03-08-2008, 07:22 PM

24 posts, read 79,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I am not. I saw a teaser for Fox news Chicago about Bear fans cheering for the Pack.

I am replused by the thought of any Bear fan (especially those who were born/grew up in the Chicago area) cheering for the Packers. This is something that should not exist.Most everyone in Wisconsin were cheering for the Colts in the Superbowl last year. For that alone, the Packer fans do not deserve our support.

I actually have a friend that wants the Pack to make it to the Super Bowl so they could beat the Pats. I want the Pats to lose as much as most of the rest of the country, but not to Brett Favre and the Pack. Disgusting.

Disclaimer: I am a die-hard Detroit Lions fan.

Although I am not from your area, I agree altogether with you. I live in Northern MI and in my town there are ton of on again/off again Packers fans around depending on the Pack's current prestige. Wisconsin is about equal distance as Detroit from my town so people are "idiots" for not being real fans and not bandwagon jumpers.

I am going to **** someone off with this next statement. Bandwagon jumping happened when the Tigers recently became "better" a couple years ago. Although I'm sure most Tigers fans supported them before, but every one has a D hat now.....look around.

I will support the Lions til I'm gone because I am a true fan. Wearin' Honolulu Blue and always stayin' true...

Old 03-09-2008, 09:32 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganKella View Post
I am going to **** someone off with this next statement. Bandwagon jumping happened when the Tigers recently became "better" a couple years ago. Although I'm sure most Tigers fans supported them before, but every one has a D hat now.....look around
I feel your pain. The same garbage happened here when the White Sux beat Houston in the WS. All of a sudden everyone was sporting Sux apparel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago