Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 08:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,520 times

Advertisements

I like just how MT Greenwood is. My wife grew up there and is half Italian and half Irish. I'm Italian/Sicilian and am a cop and get along with the Irish much better then I do Italians and we're moving to mt greenwood very soon. If your not white and don't like mt greenwood because it's a little racist towards non whites, then don't move there, why ***** about it?? Can white people not have just 1 god damn neighborhood for them selfs? There's plenty of Hispanic hoods you can move to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 11:53 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
By looking at Google Maps that area looks kinda rough.... how come it's so popular?
Where I live single family homes runs from 600k to around a million-dollar. I could never afford that. So is Mt. Greenwood much more affordable? And it is not surrounded by a lot of ghetto areas?

Old 07-14-2016, 05:21 AM

2,990 posts, read 5,276,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
By looking at Google Maps that area looks kinda rough.... how come it's so popular?
Where I live single family homes runs from 600k to around a million-dollar. I could never afford that. So is Mt. Greenwood much more affordable? And it is not surrounded by a lot of ghetto areas?
Yes it is much more affordable.

I'm not very familiar with the neighborhoods surrounding it except Beverly proper. They are both very, very far south and tend to be nearly suburban in character.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:36 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
Yes it is much more affordable.

I'm not very familiar with the neighborhoods surrounding it except Beverly proper. They are both very, very far south and tend to be nearly suburban in character.
Ok! Thanks.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:10 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
Poor me being born black. Why God, why was I not born white!
There are exceptions to the rule. Glad you're one of them, but you cannot objectively look at the situation and deny what I said. The South Side of Chicago and South suburbs were once a very nice place when they were majority white. Now that they're majority black, they've turned into a crime ridden, rundown, steaming pile of crap. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofromchicago1 View Post
I like just how MT Greenwood is. My wife grew up there and is half Italian and half Irish. I'm Italian/Sicilian and am a cop and get along with the Irish much better then I do Italians and we're moving to mt greenwood very soon. If your not white and don't like mt greenwood because it's a little racist towards non whites, then don't move there, why ***** about it?? Can white people not have just 1 god damn neighborhood for them selfs? There's plenty of Hispanic hoods you can move to.
Totally agree,

Old 07-14-2016, 07:53 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,102,981 times
^ You're responding to Runuova's conversation from a year ago huh.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:40 AM

796 posts, read 929,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
I have a cousin who lives in Mt Greenwood. He said that he has run into some racism but it's not that bad. I was really surprised that he would move there. I sure wouldn't.
although that's a very safe neighborhood, I wouldn't even consider it being black. I don't wanna deal with the folks out there.

the OP should look further east like beverly or morgan park perhaps.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:48 PM

155 posts, read 206,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofromchicago1 View Post
Woah and you're a cop?!

Old 07-30-2016, 09:56 PM

341 posts, read 412,113 times
Lots of Irish, police/firemen/cityworkers. Was told was a strong white power at one time. Not sure ifit is still there. They have a farm/magnet farm High school so kidsfrom other parts of the city go there. Unless you have to live inthe city you might as well go to a suburb if your thinking mtgreenwood.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:58 PM

341 posts, read 412,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvelaz87 View Post
I want to buy a home close to the corner at 107th and Kedzie. I am wondering, since Ive heard so many negative comments regarding Mount Greenwood Residents and Minorities, will we be safe? I am a former Naval Officer and Student Naval Aviator. I am taking care of my parents and they will be living with me, they are over 62 years old. They don't speak much English and I dont want them to be abused. My mother is lighter and my father darker. I have Dark Brown Hair, blue/green/hazel eyes, lighter completion, 6' tall, and handsome as told by people of all races. I want to live in this area because of the School, Hospitals, and Safety. I want to know if we will face discrimination in the area I plan to live or any part of Mount Greenwood. If so, in what area should I stay away from. I am afraid when my parents are going to be walking to a park or shopping. They worked hard to get me an education and be able to retire, I want them to be treated with respect. I am there only child and I want to take care of them, for we have always been a close family that cares about each other. Please give me an insight Mount Greenwood Residents, Bad or Good, whether we can live in peace in Mount Greenwood? Thanks.
Lots of Irish, police/firemen/cityworkers. Was told was a strong white power at one time. Not sure ifit is still there. They have a farm/magnet farm High school so kidsfrom other parts of the city go there. Unless you have to live inthe city you might as well go to a suburb if your thinking mtgreenwood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago